Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

It is exceptionally rusty.

It's pretty sh!t isn't it. Thinking I may go down the donor car route if I find one cheap enough.

Pauline, it's nothing a refurbed subframe (I have a bare one ready for refurb for sale), refurbed hubs and some new wishbones wouldn't sort out. You'd want to replace the wishbone bushes anyway, so just buy complete. I can't see it being a problem. It's not as if the rust looks terminal anyway. A donor car will still need all that stuff doing anyway.

It is exceptionally rusty.

It's pretty sh!t isn't it. Thinking I may go down the donor car route if I find one cheap enough.

Pauline, it's nothing a refurbed subframe (I have a bare one ready for refurb for sale), refurbed hubs and some new wishbones wouldn't sort out. You'd want to replace the wishbone bushes anyway, so just buy complete. I can't see it being a problem. It's not as if the rust looks terminal anyway. A donor car will still need all that stuff doing anyway.

Nice one Stu. How much do you want for the sub frame?

Little update from this morning. Started to strip some more of the bay out in preparation for the head to come off:

2u7cfib.jpg

How difficult is it to get the intake manifold off before getting the head off?

Also I took these off. I'd quite like some new ones if I'm honest....

8vxedy.jpg

That's probably going to be it for today. I have a million and one other things I need to get on with.

Removing the inlet manifold is not the most fun you will ever have working on your car tbh.

I have removed the head with it on and with it off.

Both methods have their draw backs.

Are you a slight person?

It will help if you are.

Not alot of hand arm room back there. :)

Every other time I've done a head gasket I've left the inlet manifold on. Like I did on the golf. There just appears to be a little more room oddly on the G60. Is it just the six allen bolts?

I am quite a slight person yes. :lol:

£40 for the subframe if you want it. ;)

£40 for the subframe if you want it. ;)

Cool, can I come and see it some time this week?

Aye, of course. Wont be about on Tuesday or Wednesday evening, but can do tomorrow or Thursday??

Is it just the six allen bolts?

yeah. 8)

I'll give it a go then. No doubt 5 of them will come off really easily and then I'll round the last one off! :lol:

Aye, of course. Wont be about on Tuesday or Wednesday evening, but can do tomorrow or Thursday??

Sweet, Thursday will be best for me buddy. Where the hell do you live? :lol:

Sweet, Thursday will be best for me buddy. Where the hell do you live? :lol:

PM'd :)

Priced up some bits today. £275.00 just for the steering and suspension parts I need! :shock: That's without my staff discount but I won't get much off because Corrado stuff doesn't get the higher rate of discount. Surprise surprise. The roll bar drop links are 35 notes each!!!!! And that's without the rubbers....

As much as I love my Corrado I'm not spending that much on drop links. :cuckoo:

Most suspension bits are the same as a MK2 on G60 so should have decent discount codes ;)

Tell Jay/Mark to stop being so tight! :grin: ;)

I know! Jay was like "I'll just print this off and you can make up your mind about which bits you actually want". He then handed me the paper and laughed as my jaw hit the floor. Then made some remark about buying a new car. :lol: Parts guys eh?

Just priced up pretty much the same stuff on Euro and it comes to less than 100 quid. I hate Euro car parts parts though. :(

Yep, you get what you pay for....

How can I possibly justify 70 quid for two drop links plus whatever it was for the rubbers and washers? I have no choice but to replace them as the near side one has snapped. I think some bits are just gonna have to come from Euro/eBay or this is just going to get a little too silly. Obviously I don't want to skimp on things but at the same time I need money to eat and to live in a general way.

How can I possibly justify 70 quid for two drop links plus whatever it was for the rubbers and washers?

Because they last 5 years plus, easily...

How can I possibly justify 70 quid for two drop links plus whatever it was for the rubbers and washers?

Because they last 5 years plus, easily...

I hear what you're saying mate. I'll have to weigh up what I hate more. Non genuine parts or extortionate prices! :lol:

I meant buy a new car.... seriously these Corrado's are over-rated!

Yup, old rusty bollocks.

Oh! :lol: Nah, give me a Rado any day. 8) If I got a new car I'd have to have a Rado as well.

Oh! :lol: Nah, give me a Rado any day. 8) If I got a new car I'd have to have a Rado as well.

Why? Are you in some way mentally unhinged Janet?

Yup, old rusty bollocks.

I thought the bollocks were part of the appeal for you? :lol:

Yes. :nuts:

Yes.

Oh, well why didn't you say so earlier.... welcome to the club! :salute: