Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

that bad huh? I'm gonna be working with axle stands, me and possibly the good Mr. Griff!

I'm sure you'll be fine dude, you seem way more compentent than I am! :D

Er, please see the picture below:

8x068g.jpg

There is another threaded hole like the one in the picture. I assume there should be a cover there? Of course I could just go and check my Bentley manual but it's in the garage and it's cold and dark outside! :lol:

ROFL!!!!!

Yeah, there should be a little plate with 2 11mm bolts holding it on.

Might have one if you can wait a few years for me to find it. :)

I think you'll find you're missing 2 cylinders! :lol:

Damn ,you walked right into that sonic. :lol:

You can't be giving these 6 shooters that kind of ammo. :)

I think you'll find you're missing 2 cylinders! :lol:

Damn ,you walked right into that sonic. :lol:

You can't be giving these 6 shooters that kind of ammo. :)

That's ok, I don't mind. Let them convince themselves that they didn't buy the wrong car. You know in years to come they'll all be driving around in their ten a penny common as muck VR6s and we'll have the really rare and sort after model. :D

ROFL!!!!!

Yeah, there should be a little plate with 2 11mm bolts holding it on.

Might have one if you can wait a few years for me to find it. :)

Toad, I order you to find it for me. I'll pay you a serious amount of monies maaaddaaaamm! No seriously mate, if you could have a look for it I'd be very grateful. :D

There's no replacement for displacement

I'd still like a G60 tho, they are more rare as you said.

I just love the quirkiness of them. It seems to suit me for some reason. :shrug: For this my third Rado I went out with the intention of buying a VR and after looking at a couple of really nice cars I bought the first G60 I saw. When I was driving it home along the A12 and A14 I knew I'd made the right decision. I just love the way they drive. And they don't feel nose heavy! :wink:

Nose heavy? :lol: Oh you kids!

I'd have a G60 for the charger...... but I'm sure I'll be happy with my VRT....

Nose heavy? :lol: Oh you kids!

I'd have a G60 for the charger...... but I'm sure I'll be happy with my VRT....

Yeah, forced induction VR is the way to go. Best of both worlds! :D So mincy is getting treated to a turbo? When you gonna start that little beauty?

Keep ya eyes peeled for after christmas, 2009 is going to be the year of turbo mincy!

Can't keep having those turbo boys showing me up at the Northgate meets! :lol:

Keep ya eyes peeled for after christmas, 2009 is going to be the year of turbo mincy!

Can't keep having those turbo boys showing me up at the Northgate meets! :lol:

Too right. Remember that guy this year that looked like he'd done his conversion using any old bits he found laying around? :lol: I think he even had a bit from an old Beelte IIRC! I wonder if that car's still on the road? Was he on here? And no I don't mean Kev! :lol:

Sod it. Can't be bothered to wait until spring. Planning a trip to G-Werks on the first of December. Just to sort out a few things that will allow me to drive the car without the threat of immident self destruction. Including getting the charger rebuilt.

Does mean I am gonna have to sort the headlights out now as I can't risk a journey of that length relying on the eighteenth century oil lamps I have at the moment.

Well, it would appear that I didn't blow anything up in the process of jump starting my car the other day. Checked with the Bentley manual which position the fuse for the "rear window defogger" is and there was no fuse there in the first place! :lol: So I'll be stealing a 20A from work tomorrow.... Probably gonna go through the other fuses and just make sure they're ok too.

Just got back from my trip to G-Werks. Glad I went! Loads of bolts either missing or not done up properly. Long and the short of it is I now have a new water pump, new serpentine belt, new power steering belt, new cam belt, new crank bolt and a rebuilt supercharger. As well as a few other bits that needed attention.

2exskl3.jpg

:clap:

I can stop worrying now and just start enjoying the car properly. I have to say a proper shout out needs to go to the guys at G-Werks. Legends. Was really cool to get to watch how they work and see the ins and outs of a charger rebuild first hand. Extra special thanks to Darren for buying me lunch. I still owe you that £3 buddy! :salute: :lol:

Was cool to catch up with Toad too. Mate, anyone would think you had a Corrado farm! :lol:

Was good to see you too mate.

Car looked really good on Sunday. Must be ecstatic to have all the niggles sorted. :)

Was good to see you too mate.

Car looked really good on Sunday. Must be ecstatic to have all the niggles sorted. :)

Yeah, it feels great. The drive home has got to be the best I've ever had in a Rado. Despite having to watch the revs and the fact that the A12 was gridlock because the M11 was closed completely. It's still blowing cold air though.... :bad-words: :lol:

Where did you find Toad? Hiding in the bushes of a layby somewhere?! :)

Nice one though. Always a great feeling (apart from the paying bit!) to get the car fettled and the issues sorted out by people that really know the cars! Hopefully you can enjoy it now.. well.. once the charger is run in! :)

Nice one though. Always a great feeling (apart from the paying bit!) to get the car fettled and the issues sorted out by people that really know the cars! Hopefully you can enjoy it now.. well.. once the charger is run in! :)

I found Toad waving his arms at me as I was about to drive past his house being hopelessly misdirected by my Sat nav! :lol:

There are still a few niggles but from a driving point of view it's spot on now. Darren even commented on the condition of the charger and said it runs pretty sweet for a car on a standard pulley still.

There is nothing that can't wait. I think the next major thing will be a suspension overhaul.

In his wardrobe.... :)

I'm not going to get much sleep tonight.... :pale: :lol:

:) You will sleep fine. And you'll wake up with lovely glossy hair.

I'll look for that plate for you this weekend. :)

I'll look for that plate for you this weekend. :)

Nice one. I'll get you that t shirt I promised you too. Just need to burn a screen for a stoat driving a rusty white VR6 racing across a field against that tractor/quad bike/pickup thing you let me drive. :lol:

ROFL! :)

You sir, are a legend.