Sign in to follow this  
.A.N.T.

Quick tip for stereo install...

Take the glove box out!!

Never done this before last night and always had a nightmare trying to get all the wires in behind the stereo... Last night I took the glovebox out and it left a little opening into the stereo area which meant I could reach in and feed the wires back without pulling on them too much... So much easier! don't believe it's taken 7-8 years of having the car to work this one out!!

Cheers,

Ant.

Hehe yup, also useful to get the gauge pod surround off so you can get in from the other side too. Just don't lose the 2 plastic screw covers - you can't get them any more.

dunno about your glovebox, but the one in my car was practically impossible to fit or remove!! I resorted to grinding some of the plastic lips off the bottom of it to fit it a bit easier, as it was one of my least fav interior jobs to do on the car :shock:

Yeah, was a tight fit coming out so will be interesting getting it back in again. But for ease of wiring it really made a difference...

Yeah, the glovebox is by far the most difficult bit of trim to get out. Bastid thing. I find re-fitting it is done best by lining it up, sitting back in the passenger seat and "persuading" it back in with my feet :lol:

Um so which is the best way to make the chuffing thing to fit ?

Lots of swearing? Also sometimes helps to get a hacksaw and spend 4hrs removing the bracket right at the back of the DIN slot to give you an extra 5mm clearance.

Yup, and there are some plastic 'fins' on the bottom of the glovebox (the bits that make it such a bugger to fit/remove). They don't seem to serve any purpose at all (other than annoying you), so I just cut them off!

I think im gunna go for taking the glove box out even thou i am complete novice at this but hey its a bank holiday :cheers:

P.s Thanks for the help dudes :notworthy:

I think im gunna go for taking the glove box out even thou i am complete novice at this but hey its a bank holiday :cheers:

P.s Thanks for the help dudes :notworthy:

2 screws at the front, 2 screws in the top, take the light out!

Heave/wiggle :lol:

i found the easyest way is to route the wires over and behind the metal plate and the wires down behind the heater controls

all you have to do then is remove the lower part under the glove box and the side panel on the middle section

you can reach through and route the wires that way

i have an older 4v preout alpine head unit running 3 amps and found this far easyer than removing the glove box

just my thoughts !!

kelly

I've got the entire dash out apart from the shell... makes access real easy, but possibly a bit excessive :lol: