Sign in to follow this  
dizzydubbers_missis

Newbie and just picked up my vr yesterday.

So this is my first post. I had a vr 3 years ago but only kept it a few weeks, i'd wanted one since i first saw one in the early 90's ( i was only a youngster then) when i got one i'd hyped it for so long i ended up being disapointed. For the last 2 years i've had a mk1 2.0 16v which was only for track days and the odd summer day. But i sold it last weekend and last night picked up my new vr. This one is mainly for the track aswell and i have till july to get it ready for castle combe. I'm really pleased with it, even tho my hubby dislikes it. Purely cuz its burgandy, he'd perfer me to have got a green one that was much rougher lol, just cuz its not burgandy (what a girl eh)

I dont like the wheels but cant think of what to change them for, ideally 16" and not too pricey, if you have any suggestions then fire away. I have the original lights aswell and cant decide whether to put them on?

raddo.jpg

raddo2.jpg

raddo3.jpg

Welcome back to the fold!

Great choice of colour...! :notworthy:

I actually quite like the wheels...

Lovely colour.

I did see your thread on edition, but you only had the 1st pic at the time and I couldn't really make it out. There are a few people who like tracking their rados on here, and I wouldn't be surprised if you bumped into them at castle coombe.

Welcome to the forum btw.

No way. I almost bought this car! It is mean lookin and personally I like the wheels. I went for a G60 in the end. I looked at loads of VRs and even the real mint ones didn't jump out at me. Then I went to look at one G60 and ended up buying that straight away. :D I'll just always be more of a G60 person I guess.

And welcome to the forum. :wave:

No way. I almost bought this car! It is mean lookin and personally I like the wheels. I went for a G60 in the end. I looked at loads of VRs and even the real mint ones didn't jump out at me. Then I went to look at one G60 and ended up buying that straight away. :D I'll just always be more of a G60 person I guess.

I was looking for a G60 but cuz my hubby has a rallye that he is putting an r32 engine etc in i decided a vr would do me better when racing him round the track, as the plan is to supercharge it. Best of both worlds then. :)

I was looking for a G60 but cuz my hubby has a rallye that he is putting an r32 engine etc in i decided a vr would do me better when racing him round the track, as the plan is to supercharge it. Best of both worlds then. :)

Me and my girlfriend could never race each other! :lol: We'd end up never speaking to each other ever again.

An R32 engined Rallye eh? That sounds awesome! :D And it sounds like you need to start a build thread for your VR.

The r32 lump isnt in yet, hes already got the gearbox, prop shaft, rear difs etc, just saving the cash for the engine now, he is planing to twin charge it aswell, he says his aim is 700bph, which storm told him is doable. I have a feeling i'll be shatting myself in it :lol: I'm only aiming for 300bhp with my vr.

Here's the rallye...

photos615.jpg

Very nice Corrado, I think the wheels are very cool and suit it.

Get some pics of the Rallye up too!!

What you guys think about the idea of painting the wheels matt black, with possibly mirrors and boot spolier to match as both need painting???

I don't know why you'd want to do that - but if you had to, gloss black would seem the better option. Generally speaking, IMO rado = graceful.