waynos

waynes corrado

Reading your replies...... again, I might have just been a complete tit! I think what I have learned is that the button will always try and pop but its not actually unlocking the door as that must be controlled with the alarm fob!!!! I was thinking by seeing the lever latch being pulled down was actually unlocking the car..... I'm sitting here thinking im a plonker after spending quite a while figuring it out when I had done it all along. :clap:

haha no worries.as long as it works thats the main thing! im going to move my door popper button to the triangular trim just behind the mirror. my switches seem to be a bit big for the mirror

more little bits doing whilst the car is away

had a little bit of the carbon stuff left over so i did the grill too. The piece i had wasnt quite long enough so i had to join two pieces together at the middle. you can really notice it though

IMG_0144.jpg

as for the wheels ive started to paint inbetween the spokes matt black. I think it looks better plus a bonus as the brake dust wont show up as much lol

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

ive been saying to myself i shall clean and wax them every weekend lol but if i get lazy the crappy winter rims will be going on haha

Car is looking stunning now Wayne, are those the Lupo or TT wipers you have? Any pics of the Carbon Fibre?

Im going to be using mk4 golf washer jets that mount under the bonnet edge.

Dan the wipers are from a lupo. Need to change the blades but havent got round to it. Ill try to get some pics of the wrapped bits. The grille still looks cool but the number plate holder is lifting where it has the recessed part. Its like its too taught and the glue couldnt hold it. Ill have to save up for some and give it another go

The grille still looks cool but the number plate holder is lifting where it has the recessed part. Its like its too taught and the glue couldnt hold it. Ill have to save up for some and give it another go

That's a pity although I thought that might happen. That particular vinyl is realistic looking but not very conformable, it's designed for flat applications, that's why it's ok on the grill. You can get more conformable CF look vinyl but it's not as realistic looking. The ony things you can do now with it is heat it again & rub it back into place & using a sharp knife cut along the recess where it was lifting. It should lay flat again but you may see a fine line of the plinth showing through where the cut line is.

you got the solonoid ont he car and working with the newer dors mate?

Im intrested to know if you had to chop the hole out orif you jsut did it to make it less fidly, planning on doing this any tips would be nice, thanks mate.

right bout time i put some pics up of it now its back on the road.Im not overly happy about the paint work but thats cos im anal when it comes to that. Its way better than before but not quite my standard so i shall be redoing it myself next year :D

putting the door card back on

stuffagain009.jpg

trying to get that fiddly door pin through the card!

stuffagain008.jpg

stuffagain012.jpg

stuffagain011.jpg

stuffagain014.jpg

stuffagain010.jpg

stuffagain017.jpg

stuffagain016.jpg

stuffagain013.jpg

paint and wheels looks pretty damn good on the pics 8)

nice touch on the rear plate surround, is that CF wrap?

yea the rear number plate is covered in 3m carbon wrap, need to do it again though. kempy it was lower but i thought id raise it up for the winter. But saying that i think i will drop it back down if there is a nice day for it on a weekend

The car is looking smart, although I spotted some residual polish on the drivers door edge! :lol: From what I can see the paint looks excellent. Very nice. you must feel proud of what you've achieved!

Have you got a close up of the mk4 washer jets? How are the doors when opening? Ive ordered those thrsuter kits as I have to use 2 hands to get in.

paint isnt that great to be fair but it will do me until next year!

im very proud of what ive done tho! my door solenoid kit came with two poppers and they work well. they dont fling the door out, just pops it enough to clear the lock

ill try to get pics of the washer jets at weekend, they arent properly secured yet but they work well.

cheers for the kind words big tartan judge