waynos

waynes corrado

to be honest i havent driven it for the last week or so. My water pump grenaded! so that had to be replaced.... as i took it out bits of the impellor were dropping out. Managed to flush it out the engine which took ages!!! Did the cambelt and tensioner whilst i was there, and tightened up the sump which appeared to be hand tight. ive literally ust finished bolting everything back up and im just waiting for the battery to charge before i can drive it. My leatherette material has also turned up so im gunna make a start on recovering the seats in the next hour or so, cant wait to get stuck into that!

engine bay is looking squeaky clean buddy - nice work! :)

i'm a big fan of the OEM look on the outside/interior, but you've made some nicelittle changes - car looks mint overall, nice one :D

now then now then, ive made a start on the interior. took a part of the rear seat out of my old valver and proceeded to unclip the material off it.heres some shots of it off the seat

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

i then unpicked each section and made template patterns of them (ignore the writing its for my reference)

DSC00083.jpg

heres a pic of all the pieces with the templates underneath

DSC00086.jpg

Ive now transfered and cut all the pieces out of the new material and im gunna attempt to sew them later (wish me luck)

i can see why retrims cost so much! its so fiddly picking pieces apart

i have been really lazy over the xmas period, my mum is now doing the seats for me as she is pretty damn good at sewing

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

i wasnt happy about the way the leather creases up but its because its curved and it shouldnt be as bad once its all pulled back onto the seat mould.

heres a few random shots of the car

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009-1.jpg

and one with my cousins mk4

DSC00001b.jpg

got two more panels sewed up onto the seat, this is the state of play at the moment. Its really hard using a normal sewing machine but if your patient it will be ok

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

now this i got to see........

please keep this updated with as many pics as you can im very interested in how this will turn out, might give me inspiration to do mine??!!!

yea i cant wait til its done. Im 25 today wooooohoooo. Totally random but heres a pic of the rado in the cold monday mornin

DSC00015.jpg

Managed to get me a 1.8t engine from a seat cupra s, so im pretty chuffed just need to source a few other bits before that can go in.

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

8)

Right seeing as the buyer of my engine didnt come today i thought i start striping some bits off the 1.8t to clean up and paint

took the alternator/power steering bracket off, a pulley, the inlet manifold an the cam cover off.here they are

DSC00051-1.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00056-1.jpg

spent ages sanding down the brackets and they were degreased and etch primed

used paint stripper on the cam cover, really wierd watching the paint bubble up :D

DSC00057-1.jpg

one of it degreased

DSC00060-1.jpg

And ready for paint!

DSC00059-1.jpg

Painted!

DSC00061-1.jpg

DSC00062-1.jpg

DSC00063-1.jpg

I know white isnt the most engine bay friendly colour but i love it so ner :lol:

Also took the air con pump and secondary air blower thing off as i wont be using them (for sale if anyone needs)

DSC00045-1.jpg

DSC00046-1.jpg

looking good what paint did you use?

and if your using qpeng you will need a bracket on the inlet manifold for the cable!

cheers for the comments! do you have a pic of the bracket? i use acid 8 etch primer on all the metal parts then smooth hammerite silver on the inlet and plasticote on the white parts

my agu inlet has this bulge on the side an an l shaped bracket bolts to it.,

pol.jpg

t.jpg

will also neen mk3 gti or agu cable thottle.,

I have noticed that your rear lights are painted black round the edges, is this over the top or somehow underneath? I am trying to de-green mould my rear lights as it looks a bit pants and scruffy, and that just doesn' cut it. Lovin' those wheels too, i nearly got some of those but plumped for Keskins instead.

yea i masked and painted the lights, the crappy chrome finish wasnt doing it for me! with the black it makes it look a bit more factory!

cheers for that pic 20vtvw i dont have the buldge you have on your inlet but underneath there are two holes that i can bolt a bracket up to.

More bits painted up, sorry its boring i know, just waiting for the monies to buy a timing belt kit for it. ive also ordered some new stainless bolts to replace the crusty originals

oil filter housing

DSC00080.jpg

oil cooler

DSC00082.jpg

lower cambelt cover

DSC00081.jpg

upper cambelt cover

DSC00083-1.jpg

these were all in red originally but this is not the colour scheme i want

gathered a few more bits, the plan is to get as many parts i need before even thinking of taking the current engine out.

Got a nice selection of stainless nuts, bolts and washers to replace the old toot

DSC00091.jpg

New inlet,throttle body and oil filter housing gaskets and dipstick tube

DSC00094.jpg

Genuine timing belt kit

DSC00097.jpg

new water pump, (doesnt look it but the impellor is metal - Thanks to reuben at tuning works for sourcing that!)

DSC00096.jpg

5 rolls of self amalgamating tape to sort my entire car loom out ( in good time!)

DSC00098.jpg

Getting there slowly Gotta pick up an o2j gearbox tommorow, and im currently in the process of obtaining a gear selector, cables an shift tower of an audi a3 1.8t

Right got the gearbox its an o2j (enj) so i think thats a golf mk4 gti box, been slowly cleaning that

DSC00099.jpg

Ive also been dismantling my red corrado ready for the engine to be sold tommorow so i had the driveshafts out back with the gearbox.Ive heard that most of the o2j boxes have 108mm driveshaft flanges so i was worried id have to source a set of 100mm flanges to match my shafts, however i took the driveshaft i got off the 16v and it fitted perfect to the o2j gearbox.... what a touch! im happy.

heres a pic

DSC00101.jpg