connect thermo time switch

plug the hole on the intake pipe

run a vacuum pipe from the manifold to the map sensor

put the battery in

Fill up with oil

fill up with coolant

fill up power sterring fluid

canny wait :D

fired her up today - was quite nervous. It burst into life quite nicely but i started to hear noise from the power steering belt,sorte that by bleeding the air out.

Idle speed needs to be increased as it sits at 500 rpm

there is an airlock in the matrix

also the gauge temp went up to 130 degrees! but it wasnt actually that because my mate had his finger in the expansion tank and it was barely hot.

So to sum it up i just need to sort out a few niggles and it will be complete :D

great stuff .,very tidy instal.,

when the coolant is bled that should sort temp problem out., :D

sweet, i'll have to pop round and check this out some time, it looks a lovely shiny install. well done dude! :salute:

so you going to come to surrey rolling road on the 8th to see what she's throwing out?

8th of next month? i might o along if the car is fit!

been doing some digging on other forums and on here and apparently i need a 30 ohm resister to bring the temp gauge back to normal.may be different for other rados though

been doing some digging on other forums and on here and apparently i need a 30 ohm resister to bring the temp gauge back to normal.may be different for other rados though

Yeah, 8th of August. There's a thread around somewhere.

nice work mate looking good!

dunno if this helps,

if ya mbe im pretty sure ya temp gauge shud just work as is, myn does, unless the 225 engines temp sensor is different then yours shud work.

someone else may confirm but i thought ya only need a resistor if ya use vag ecu.

d reg golf - i will have to have a hunt for the part nos, think i still got the silicone pipes too, they are venair ones.

dude - ill be up for that once the car is complete

timmy - i sent ben at qpeng an email about the coolant sensor, and i do need the resistor 33ohm to be precise. Their plug and play kits already have them fitted but the diy kits dont. bought myself a pack of 620 resistors today so i should have the right one lol

ah myn was a plug and play kit so myn must be in the loom somewhere already then, altho im sure myn reads under temp anyway,

glad ya got it sorted. :)

lil update, got the resistor fitted and all is ok.re routed some of the pipework from the expansion tank an proceeded to bleed the air out of the cooling system.Had a big airlock in the heater matrix but its gone now.

still need to sort a few little bits out but everything is cool at the moment.

short vid

th_MOV00377.jpg

update :) the car is running well, need a new dump valve as the one ive got is too weak - leaking boost. The exhaust rattles slightly when the car is first started.Need a new throttle body also. Im loving it though!

I Tinted my front lights - heres a few pics from that

DSC00391.jpg

wanted to add a border to hide the glue that holds the lens together (same as ive done on the rear lights)

DSC00394.jpg

un masked

DSC00397.jpg

now for some tint film

DSC00398.jpg

front fog and indicator (headlights have been done too but havent got any pics of that

DSC00399.jpg

few pics a mate took in my work car park

WAYNEMOBILE.jpg

WAYNEMOBILE_1b.jpg

WAYNEMOBILE_2b.jpg

WAYNEMOBILE_4b.jpg

WAYNEMOBILE_3b.jpg

hi mate

loving this build thread, wanting to do this to mine when i get the cash.

could you tell were you got your vinyl from for your door pods, im currently doing mine but cant get my hands on any.

cheers

aust - i got the material off ebay, its not very stretchy but once heated its a bit easier to form.

v33dub - yea its still on the spax (-40mm) want to go lower , maybe 60mm. was on coilovers but i couldnt bear the ride on my way to work

not mch of an update, managed to pick up the top half of a tt dash.im in no rush to get this in as i need to source a glove box and panel that goes above your feet.ill be doing a custom centre console as im not feeling the tt one.

The dash i got unfortunatly had the air bag go off which tore a section out. i was thinking about recovering it myself but there are quite a few curves to get around. Then i thought about filling the hole and getting it flocked but i thought the finish would be poop around the repair. heres what i ended up doing....

heres the dash as i got it

DSC00422.jpg

i cut the whole part out where the airbag blew and took some of the foam away from the edges as the material was lifting there

DSC00424.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

i then glued the material down at the edges so that it wouldnt sit proud. The part i cut out was fibreglassed back in flush also

DSC00426.jpg

Made a panel to cover up the hole out of fibreglass then gave that a quick skim of filler to make it smooth

DSC00441.jpg

trimmed it in some leftover vinyl i had from doing my door pods

DSC00442.jpg

glued this piece to the dash over the hole and let it dry over night

DSC00444.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

wont be to everyones taste but it was a hell of a lot cheaper than paying someone to retrim it!

alrite mate i like the way you have done the dash,it looks smart,ive had one filled and then flocked,and it didnt look good,did you ever find them hoses,and the induction kit sheild? :salute:

yea ive got the heatshield, found that yesterday.need to dig out the hoses. ive found a few of them just need to find the rest