Sign in to follow this  
latestarter2

am I turning into my dad?

Do you turn worn out clothes into rags rather than throwing them away as well?

OMG!!!!!!!

Yes yes yes.... :(

Next thing you know i'll be losing my hair and saying all the music in the charts sounds the bloody same!!!

OH no! its toooooooooooo late!

"I'm just going out to the garage to saw a plank of wood in half.

There we go.

"Now, Dr Bronowski on Sunday television, The Ascent Of Man.

:sleeping: "

I wondered the same thing recently when I had the use of a new BMW 5 series for a weekend and did 700 miles in it.

Nothing creaked, I didn't have to climb down into it, it had the whole spec list of toys (DVD, sat-nav, auto-lights, auto-wipers) as well as the obligatory iDrive, the estate boot swallowed a ton of luggage, being diesel it was easily doing 40mpg at the same speeds my VR6 gets 20mpg, the automatic gearbox was just so easy when I got stuck in traffic in Luton.

Don't get my wrong I still love my VR6, but as I push on into my 40s those big, fast, comfy, reliable, diesel, German estate cars look more and more tempting ! Somebody help me !

Ditto /\

Every car I drive these days is quieter, smoother, more comfortable and better made than the Corrado - even bloomin Vectras - but it's the old heart versus head thing isn't it?

Your head tells you want peace, tranquility, smoothness, gadgets and the finest quality connolly hide cossetting your back side.... but your heart wants the more organic, rougher round the edges thrills of the Corrado (or similar).

as I push on into my 40s those big, fast, comfy, reliable, diesel, German estate cars look more and more tempting ! Somebody help me !

I'm afraid i've reached that point at the age of 29 :confused:

As much as I miss having a rado, I have to say that I absolutely love my Audi TDI estates, and yes, I also find myself buzzing at how much I can fit in the boot :pale: