Sign in to follow this  
steverado

Corrado engines and MPG

Good man...you know it makes sense. :clap:

Mind you now you'll be querying heater controls,active spoilers,engine temperatures and sunroof mechanisms. :D

But its worth it... :lol:

Hi, I am going to be buying a corrado, just wondering about the mpg around town of the various different engines, from what I understand the G60 is the worst closely followed by the VR6, the mpg of the 2.0 engines is best but they are not as quick as the 1.8 16v, any advice or information would be greatly appreciated, cheers Steve

Getting not far off 10 miles to the litre in my G60 recently, so thats better than any of the other engines you can get for a Corrado. Standard aside from a set of BBM boost hoses and a light port on the throttle body.

Getting not far off 10 miles to the litre in my G60 recently

Wow! So that's 40+ mpg? I thought superchargers were bad for economy. So what sort of journey is that over? Is that a tank average or a specific journey best? Either way, that seems pretty impressive. Are you sure it's a G60 and not just an 8v? :wink:

VR6, 25MPG round town, 35MPG siting at 70 on the Mway, loads better than I was expecting....

Good choice on the VR6, you won't regret it...

i have a valver (2.0 16v 9A) and i want to ask at idle what consumption do you get? i read on my MFA at idle 1.6L/Hour. In town I've got 18mpg and outside aprox 24mpg.

Don't know what all the bollocks about the VR6 having shitttty MPG is, I can get 400 miles per tank on the Autobahn and 382 miles with normal day-to-day driving.

Win.

My VR returned about 30, the 16v varies massively, 27mpg on moderately enthusiastic runs, and I just saw 37.2 on my 10 mile run home.

The MAF seems pretty accurate at the moment too. Long term it's returning 33mpg.

The MAF seems pretty accurate at the moment too. Long term it's returning 33mpg.

'MAF', you mean MFA?

the main problem with these things is the speed reading, VW's of this age tend to over-read by a fair amount so the MFA always seems more optimistic than actual consumption, over 400 miles mine is usually pretty accurate if you knock 2 mpg of the MFA reading, even though the VR6 uses the ECU mapping rather than the manifold pressure as the 16v's do, the speedos still over-read giving the same sort of error in calculations.

What I really need is a longer legged 5th, might do the diesel 5th cog at some point.

'MAF', you mean MFA?

the main problem with these things is the speed reading, VW's of this age tend to over-read by a fair amount so the MFA always seems more optimistic than actual consumption, over 400 miles mine is usually pretty accurate if you knock 2 mpg of the MFA reading, even though the VR6 uses the ECU mapping rather than the manifold pressure as the 16v's do, the speedos still over-read giving the same sort of error in calcualtions.

What I really need is a longer legged 5th, might do the diesel 5th cog at some point.

Yeah :oops:

I wouldn't want to make 5th much higher, perhaps throw a higher geared 6th ration in though?