Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Stealth Racing, leaving car there?

i think i'm going to take car to stealth racing for them to give it a going over. Mainly the handling, is really bugging me now, don't enjoy driving it, can't use the power, almost put it up for sale this week

I think i'll have to leave car there, i live over 100miles away and its too far to ask someone to drive me there, do stealth have a courtesy car or something like that :lol:

i would phone but it seems like a stupid question as i'm assuming they wouldn't

i spose there's always public transport :shock: :shock: :shock:

i'm not sure what needs doing, it could end up being loads

i want them to look at

-subframe mountings

-steering rack and column

-rear axle mounts

-gearbox and engine mounts

really just checking out the suspension/steering side of things, and i might get a service done/rolling road tuned while its there

its either buy another car and sell corrado, or spend some more to try and get it right

If you call Vince and have a chat first, he'll be able to tell you how long it's likely to take. If he can see you on a Sat then it's easy, otherwise it's best to take a day off work and spend the day there.

Well, I live just round the corner from Stealth - and coincidentally Leamington Spa train station is virtually on the way to Stealth. I'm happy to do a bit of dropping off / picking up for you if you wanted to drop the car off and get a train home.

that could well be an option :D very kind offer...

i think i'll compile a list of things on car i want changed and give Vince a ring

Vince (or someone there) is usually able to drop you at Leomington Spa station anyway, if you drop the car off early enough. I often leave my car up there for a couple of days or so, but I guess it's easy for me - Leomington Spa is on the mainline to Reading, so it's less than an hour on the train home..