Sign in to follow this  
Dec

Interesting find at the Limerick show!

Another great VW / classics show last Sunday in Limerick. And for the 3rd year running the weather was fantastic! :clap:

But found this there! Didn't know one of the campaigns was over in Ireland! :shock: (photo c/o some of the lads on the vagdrivers forum)

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2655.jpg

Never seen one of these Brazilian VW's before either!

IMG_2628.jpg

Gav/Nikki, Zhen made an appearance down there too! Unfort we were a bit late showing up (due to a short detour to McDonalds on the way there :tongue: ), so had to park up on the "overflow" gravel carpark above the main show. But we snuck down onto the grass when a few places opened up! 8)

DSC_3480.jpg

DSC_3498.jpg

You'd never think it was the same wing!

Before:

CIMG4167.jpg

After:

DSC_3501.jpg

I thought the campaigns were the last of the line so they would be late spec but on that it has early heater slider controls?

That could well be 'Campaign's' old one on here, it was sold through a dealer a few months back, alot of rados seem to be heading over to Ireland lately!

Junkie, all campaigns were early first of line VR6's mate not last of line :geek:

Yup they were early switchover Vr6's released in 1992. So the '92' Irish number plate matches up too!

There you go then you do actually learn something new everyday :D cheers for clearing it up peeps, i was all confused then for a minute.

So why did they make 6 ltd editions or however many really early on then, i honestly thought and i dont know why there were the last of the line as there are so few made.

So why did they make 6 ltd editions or however many really early on then, i honestly thought and i dont know why there were the last of the line as there are so few made.

They were given to the UK dealers who had sold the most Karmann models in the run up to the launch of the VR6 rado IIRC. There was no price set and a wise dealer may have put them into their collections of VW memorabilia for posterity, of course they saw the chance to make some cash and sold them on. If that is Jeremy's old one, and it's most likely as it's the only one to have changed hands recently, I was seriously thinking about buying it at the time he sold it on but decided one old VW was enough for me and there's no way my wife would have parted with the green one. :D

i like the rarity of them and the little story behind them, but they do look pretty crap, don't like the colour inside or out, and the wheels suck :gag:

:sad: :sad:

VW SP2, made in Brazil in the mid '70s. 1.7 litre air cooled lump in the back. Very pretty, not very fast. Rare.

Fupp! That's a long nose for a rear engined car!

It was for sale, but with no details or even a price! Just the words "for sale" and a phone number! :roll:

Didnt make the Limerick show myself, but by all accounts it was a great day out, nice to see some of yee coming over to us for a change, be prepaired to be invaded for inters :D , good crew heading over, cant wait, hope the weather holds up :wink:

Gav/Nikki, Zhen made an appearance down there too! Unfort we were a bit late showing up (due to a short detour to McDonalds on the way there :tongue: ), so had to park up on the "overflow" gravel carpark above the main show. But we snuck down onto the grass when a few places opened up! 8)

You'd never think it was the same wing!

Before:

CIMG4167.jpg

After:

DSC_3501.jpg

:shock: That's really impressive, good to see him being looked after. :)

Fupp! That's a long nose for a rear engined car!

It was for sale, but with no details or even a price! Just the words "for sale" and a phone number! :roll:

I think it's been for sale for a while. What looked like a phone number might have been the price... :)

Not many made it outside Brazil and most of them have rusted. Nice though.

VW SP2, made in Brazil in the mid '70s. 1.7 litre air cooled lump in the back. Very pretty, not very fast. Rare.

I wonder if anyone has ever stuck a porshe flat six in them.

just me daydreaming again.

They can't be that heavy. :)

I really luv the shape.

Pity I missed you guys. I didn't even notice your UK reg Corrados sneak in. I would have loved a good chat.