Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

TT comps and arch rubbing

Ive got a set of TT comps that I might fit to the car however it is running quite low. Do these wheels rub at all with 205/40/17 tyres?

Possibly yes, possibly no .. depends on how low. If you have the alloys, why not just try them?

tedman on here has just dropped his 40mm on TT Comps, I think he changed his to 205/40/17's. Might be worth searchin him up and droppin him a PM...

i put some comps on mine to see what it looked like and with 205/40/17 tires, no rubbing, but it had been laser aligned with a set of almost identical sized wheels so it was set up, o and it was lowered so the front spoiler (90mm) is 1.25" off the floor if i remember right... hopet that helps

Thanks for the replies. Im going to go for 16in instead as there someone else wanting my Comps. Two cars in this area with them on already so not too fussed.

iv got tt comps and they rub, but the car is pretty low, may raise it a tab

You're running adaptors though aren't you? If so I'm guessing they will be sitting further out in the arches than on a VR...

I had 5mm spacers on the back to allow the centre cap to fit but I took them off because of rubbing. BUT with any road undulation the tyres still rub, well it seems just the rear passenger side rubs.

What could cause that then?

Tyres are of course 205/40/17 and it is lowered by 40mm on Koni TA/PI. Dont really fancy getting the rear arches rolled tbh.

mines lowered 40mm on weitecs and dosn't rub no matter how hard i drive it! :clap: any lower than 40 though and the arches would need work i think

dove050-1.jpg

never been touched mate ,the ride is very good for a budget kit. its not that low tbh would deffo rub if lower.

here's a closer pic loads of room!

lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww-5.jpg

lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww-6.jpg

I'll post some pics of my wheel tomorrow. Just came back along the A40, nice dip and a great big GGGGGG as the tyres scrubbed the rear arches and prob the front arch liners too. Not enjoyable at all. Mind you i was going quite quick :)