Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Luke McCormick..

What the hell was he thinking?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staf ... 442783.stm

The horrendous accident aside, why would someone with that kind of money be driving without insurance?!

They'll throw the book at him. Dangerous driving, killed two people, drunk driving and the aforementioned no insurance..... what an idiot!

No punishment will ever bring those children back to their parents.

Nothing more than a scumbag who deserves to rot in hell

Guilty till proved innocent, eh?

IF he did it then I agree throw the book at him but lets not speculate without knowing the facts.

Sort of agree BUT if he's been charged then it's not as if it's 'arrested on suspicion of ....'. The Federale must have damn good reason to press for charges in such a high profile case so I'd be amazed if he 'walks' for this.

Just can't believe the lack of insurance thing though - earning that much, why would you even run the risk ... unless it wasn't his car of course.

Terrible waste of life this.

As already said, someone of clearly sufficient means has no reason to be driving uninsured, and with excessive alcohol level.

Cant' imagine how the poor Mother must feel.

I hope he rots.

IF he did it then I agree throw the book at him but lets not speculate without knowing the facts.

It happened on Saturday and they're putting him in court first thing Monday morning. I don't think they'd have done that unless it was as clear cut as it purports to be mate.

Atleast 8 years he will get for that............i cannot believe the amount of people who still drink and drive, lets face it having no insurance is bad enough and irresponsible, but that in itself cant kill someone, but causing death by dangerous driving and being intoxicated is only about 2 steps away from commiting a murder! and this is 2 innocent young children and a parent thats seriously ill

Its just more Typical behaviour of another overpaid primadonna nylon wearer...how many footballers is that now? you could fill a book with these so called "sporting heroes" who one way or another have killed or ruined peoples lives behind the wheel of a car or punched and stolen there way into prison

they always spout about how great they are and how much they earn.....so how come they cant afford a taxi or control themselves?

makes me sick

I hope they throw the book at him if he is guilty....

A few years ago my second cousin, Jane, who was pregnant at the time, was crossing a road in Edinburgh with her 5 yo daughter. It was at a pedestrian crossing where the lights were signalling for them to cross, when they were hit in the middle of the road by a car, going far to quickly, that was being driven by a then well known Scottish footballer. Both the 5yo and the unborn baby were killed and Jane had many injuries the worst of them being a broken back which put her in a wheelchair.

The footballer got away with 6 points and a couple of years probation - his reason for the accident, being tired and not paying attention because he was talking to his girlfriend in the car with him. I believe he also had alcohol in his system although i don't remember how much.

The judge did't feel it was fair to give a harsher sentence because of 'who he was'...

Madness....

That's dreadful Laura :(

I don't see this guy getting away as lightly though quite frankly.

These people are suppose to be a role model to younger generations, someone to look up to and aspire to be like.

Like I said, I hope they throw the book at him, it's about tiime celebrities were taught they're not above the law "because of who they are"

that was being driven by a then well known Scottish footballer

Name and shame Laura !. 6 points ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and by the way Luke McCormick was insured but when your over the limit it voids your insurance.

And what a nob sack.