Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Magnex Exhaust - Now Closed

ANOTHER UPDATE

I spoke to the supplier and told him about the lack of interest in the exhaust and he said he could do 5 exhausts for £305 inc VAT inc shipping

Nathan

looking less likely that this is gonna go ahead now :(

4 have said YES

3 have said NO

only leave 5 to reply and even if they all say YES thats still only 9

£290 is a good price IMHO is it not??

its a pretty decent enough price......but i think the timing is wrong tbh.......just over 2 weeks to xmas etc :wink: .......just my 2penneth :wink:

its a pretty decent enough price......but i think the timing is wrong tbh.......just over 2 weeks to xmas etc .......just my 2penneth

well i go on holiday next week and then everything is closed anyway so maybe we can re-visit this in the new year??

do car parts have sales like all the other shops have january sales??? :lol:

OK this is the current list

jedi-knight - VR6 DEFINITE

DEL VR6 - VR6 - pulled out

2CC - VR6 or 1.8 or both :D

Ady G - VR6 DEFINITE

20vee t - G60 - pulled out

Andy VR6 - VR6 - pulled out

Phil Diment -VR6 DEFINITE

supercoupe - VR6

Dick Dastardly - VR6

kevheywire - VR6 DEFINITE

G60Renshaw - G60

VR6 - VR6 (of course :lol:) - pulled out

CHRIS_G60 - VR6 DEFINITE

we now have 5 people saying they will buy and therefore can get the price of £305, but i propose we leave it untill after crimbo and see if any others wish to join?? If not we could still go ahead with those 5 orders.

Regards

I'm still interested, £305 is still a good price.

I will wait to after xmas though if people would prefer doing that.

Cheers

Ady

Does the system give any extra BHP.

I am quite interested cause i think my exhaust sounds as if it's starting to go.

I was going to put a post on anyway about systems to inprove the cars breathing to give an extra 10-15 BHP.

Any suggestions?

Do you need a few other bits as well as the Magnex system from cat back?

What about N.Ireland delivery

I always thought that if you put on a whole system including a performance manifold you could get approximately 10% more power. The magnex is only CAT back, so you would need a sports CAT and an uprated manifold, which are quite pricey.

Cheers Ady

CIPO,

the system isnt really designed to give any power incease on its own... maybe it'll improve the air flow slightly but it will not make 15bhp for you! i wish it would

what it does do is looks and sounds great and is guaranteed for a lifetime (for as long as you own the car) so you never actually have to pay out for a cat back section of exhaust again.

if your SERIOUSLY modding you corrado, i mean with turbos and nos etc... then the exhaust would just help with the air flow a little

definatly interested but again wrong timing for me too,what with crimbo,baby due end of jan&going to daytona infeb i think my wife would kill me.no sorry not think i know she would :mad:

Computer problems couldn't get connected to the net :oops: The £290 sounds worth waiting for if nobody is that desperate to get the magnex( existing one falling off, failed MOT ) I'm a definite :lol: but I can wait to the new year if that is the feeling of the rest of the potential buyers

that price is excluding VAT! you need to add another £30 + P&P

Magnex are very good but its a personal choice if there are 'the best' or not?

Just in case u are interested, there is a pic of my VR6 from the rear (oo-er) in the 'Cars for Sale' section with the magnex fitted. The car isn't lowered but it's on 17s and should give u an idea of how it looks.

I had a round Scorpion CAT-back on my first C VR6 and the Magnex looks better and fits better. The oval fits in the cut-out space perfectly and it hasn't moved; unlike the old Scorp which used to ease across til it was touching the edge of the gap.

Piers

around $530 at todays exchange rate... :?

+ shipping and any american import taxes... :?

when are you thinking of going ahead with this. i'm interested but just depends how soon. it will fit a 2.0 16v the same as a VR6 won't it?!

I would prefer a Milltek but as that does appear to have died then I'm definitely up for this. The money is ready and waiting & I would need on for a G60.

Regards

Jim

My exhaust is starting to blow where the pipe meets the back box :( I've got it stuffed with some filler any idea when the group buy is going ahead maybe you could pm those interested to see if they are still interested :roll:

I had a Magnex on my storm and it was definately one of the best bits of kit i brought 8)

wouldnt mind another so let me know when and if the buy is going ahead. :D

According to the Magnex website, there are two options for the tailpipe: small oval or 6x4 larger oval. Are both these OK for the VR6?

If so I would prefer the 6x4 oval, and am happy to go with a group buy!

Let me know

--------------------------- UPDATE ---------------------------------

ok, well i was waiting to see how much the milltek group buy would be, but there is no price yet, and a few ppl have shown interest in this group buy again.

so...........

personally im not really in a position to spend the money right now due to paying for a holiday, but if others want to go ahead i can call the guy again.

so im scrubbing the old list... as i guess too many ppl have changed their mind since then, so if you want a magnex, reply and i'll review in a week. if there are still not enough ppl then i'll close the thread.

Regards