Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

top gear, Sunday 8pm repeated wednesday 7pm BBC2

Now come on who knows who "fat-Stig" is??

He should be fairly easy to identify from here

I love the whistle from his turbo. Almost sounds like it's got a gas turbine rather than 12l and a hefty compressor.

Hmm Mr Oliver you think?? :lol:

It's not just me who likes the Fiat 500 then!

And just a quick straw poll.. which one out of the three muscle cars? Dodge Challenger for me... definately...

the challenger is the best looking, but i can't ignore the performance of the corvette, so that would be my choice. lovely car

the challenger is the best looking, but i can't ignore the performance of the corvette, so that would be my choice. lovely car

its like they said, the other 2 are the sports cars (well, the corvette is!) and the challenger is the old school muscle car which i think most people would take with their heart.. although hopefully they do a manual version?

I like the Challenger because of its awesome retro-ness and because it isn't a total balls out racer - just a nice lazy muscle car with a super soundtrack and astonishingly cool looks. It's achingly cool, in the same way that the current Mustangs are. I'd probably be a very happy man if I could own either a Mustang or a Challenger to be honest.

I've had a soft spot for the new fiat 500 though i would never buy one, but the abrath flavour was spectacular!

I'd have to say the Corvette performance wise, out of the three yank-mobiles. But the dodge for being oldskool.

I'd rather have the Corvette, savage I think he called it. But that Abarth was mighty fun looking for such a diddy little car.

I feel vindicated in my liking the Fiat 500 as it got a pretty glowing review. To be honest the Arbarth version is nice but I still think the bog standard one with a decent set of factory wheels on it looks cracking.

Girlfriend got a 500 and now wears a smug smile after the Clarkson seal of approval. :?

BUT you do need to be very 'in touch with your masculinity' to drive it as a bloke. :camp:

Is it just me or are May and Hammond starting to look alike? Although a slightly smaller version? :confused4:

Is it just me or are May and Hammond starting to look alike?

Exactly what I was thinking!

It's interesting that the Twingo hasn't had a mention on here yet?! Would anyone go for one of those over the 500?

Saw a Twingo Sport on the road today (on the way home from work) - only had a few seconds to look at it as I went past but it didn't evoke the same sorts of feelings as the 500, let alone an Arbarth version. The Twingo is tall, not particularly handsome, and looks cheap..