Sign in to follow this  
waynos

question about electric window operation

my last corrado had manual windows now ive got the g60 im just wondering how they are meant to work. I know they have a "one touch operation" this works nicely on the driver side window but i can only get the passenger side window to go down with the one touch. i have to hold the button to get it all the way back up. ( this is all using the switches ont he drivers door - not tried the passenger switch) Also some times when i press the switch nothing happens until the 2nd or 3rd press. And the last thing i want to ask is can both windows be opened/closed at the same time? as mine cant

Don't think both windows work at the same time on any corrado. Usually on mine (95 VR6), when I use the alarm to close windows, passenger one closes first. Does the same when I use the key to close them. Also don't think they are one touch closing windows, as IIRC it's a safety thing so you can't trap hands, kids etc stuck in them

I have wondered this too as mine operate the same but just ignored it tbh, they are def 1 touch on the drivers though.

Yeah they wont open/close at the same time, they're not supposed to, it's just another one of those quirky Corrado type things :eek:

Early factory fit electric windows will sequence as follows:

One touch down both sides (but not at the same time)

One touch up drivers side

Manual up passenger side

Later cars only have one touch down both sides but no one touch up due to small kids getting killed after playing with electric windows.

Or what about reaching in to the car through the window with the keys in your pocket and you accidently press the locking button and the windows start to close and you almost get your neck caught in it. :eek:

Or what about reaching in to the car through the window with the keys in your pocket and you accidently press the locking button and the windows start to close and you almost get your neck caught in it. :eek:

Never a problem with an original car as a full closure system was not fitted on the early cars.

Early factory fit electric windows will sequence as follows:

One touch down both sides (but not at the same time)

One touch up drivers side

Manual up passenger side

Later cars only have one touch down both sides but no one touch up due to small kids getting killed after playing with electric windows.

so if you fitted the early control box on the later car would this make the drivers window go up one touch on a late car, or am i barking up the wrong tree.

Yeah they wont open/close at the same time, they're not supposed to, it's just another one of those quirky Corrado type things :eek:

Its because the motors take a LOT of current to operate. Theres only a single supply wire going from the fuse box to the controller, if they were to design them so they could be operated together VW would have had to lay 2 supply wires and have another fuse at the fuse box. Penny pinching :roll:

has anyone ever created a guide or anything for making them both work t the same time...cos its damn anoying one at a time!

if not im going to see if i can get hold of the diagram and see how exactly they work

the only way i could think of getting both to work is to take a control unit from another car and adapt it to work with the corrado wiring. something like a mk3 golf would probably work?

It's probably not a good idea. I had a wiring loom fire once though not on a VW. The heat melts the insulation on the wire trying to carry the current and any other wires bound up in that part of a loom. Complete replacement was the only answer.

Life's too short

Andy

just done a search on this...as my alarm was playing up and ive actually found my wires for the window setup have actually melted(wel windows or locks...not sure..its a solid red one running down the drivers side thats totaly dead..no insulation what so ever)

anyhow its lucky i have a spare loom which i will be switching over ...but it made me think if i could use 2 corrado window control boxes and run another live (easy as battry is in the boot) so both windows work same time