Sign in to follow this  
revox

VERY proud owner of my first Corrado...

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd share some pics of my first Corrado, first seen and bought on this forum! I'd looked at a Storm a few weeks ago as some of you know, but walked away then when on nightshift, I saw the P Reg Black VR6 for sale and I knew I had to contact the seller, Kangaroo...and Friday, was in London - early train from Glasgow Central to Euston to go and collect it! Car was in better condition than what the pictures showed. Matt has really taken care of it and I hope that I can continue it! Before long I was heading back up the long road to Glasgow. Fantastic drive back up, apart from having to go via M1 since there were some bad accidents on the M6. Weather was great for driving. I never saw 1 Corrado...just a Scirocco. I thought some of you may have been stretching your cars legs in the fine weather! Also got a chuftie from a guy in a van who pointed at the car and gave me a thumbs up! (technically that should go to Matt!) Altogether a very enjoyable experience and great to meet Matt, a gentleman indeed! Hope you have a great time travelling Matt and thanks again!

Here's some pics...

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfcorrado-1.jpg[/attachment:3w2lh2r1]

Corrado92.pdfcorrado-2.jpg[/attachment:3w2lh2r1]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfcorrado-3.jpg[/attachment:3w2lh2r1]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfcorrado-4.jpg[/attachment:3w2lh2r1]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfcorrado-5.jpg[/attachment:3w2lh2r1]

corrado-6.jpg[/attachment:3w2lh2r1]

Cheers

henk

Very nice, bet your glad you left the Storm, pretty much the same spec and rarer being a P reg :wink: Great plate aswell, would suit me if my VR was a bit newer, I have B111 COR on my works van :grin:

She's a beaut, your long distance spot and swift swoop has paid off there - You must have been an Eagle in a previous life :)

cheers for the comments guys - yeah she is a beaut! Very glad I saw it early and got my finger out and bought it! Its great to drive - I don't like getting out of it! Its not the speed that I like most, its the noise it makes! Makes me grin every time and put the foot down. I took my mate for a spin in it this afternoon - he's always liked them and I havent seen a grin on his face as he had today. Loved it...and now very jealous! He advised me of a small car wash place which I took it to, as driving up from London caught a few flies, etc...I paid the guy and he said "nice car by the way"...of course I had to agree! I really like it when people appreciate what these cars are and not fob them off as old and crap!

Rust is nothing major. There are a few rust spots underneath the spoiler, above the plate but nothing too bad. My mate does car bodies so will take it along and see what he can do.

@ billcor - yeah very glad I left the Storm behind. I might pop over and see John and show him what I found! :lol:

@ easypops - likewise - I have seen you about but it was about a year ago...driving past my flat, I'm in the new gorbals, opposite the Premier Inn..I thought you were the owner of the green VR6 that sits at Halfords at Shawfield stadium...

@ belfastfumanchu - yeah the pics were taken right outside my work lastnight on nightshift (which is what I'm on again tonight :( ) Photography is my other interest so it was good to get the tripod out lastnight when no-one was about and take some decent photos. Might take some more tonight as the car is clean again and I'm not that busy! :)

Rust pics...

Corrado92.pdfdownload-1.jpg[/attachment:25uhz58j]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfdownload-2.jpg[/attachment:25uhz58j]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfdownload-3.jpg[/attachment:25uhz58j]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfdownload-4.jpg[/attachment:25uhz58j]

download.jpg[/attachment:25uhz58j]

I dont have any major plans at the moment for the car - I want to keep it close to original as possible but I can see myself changing the wheels for BBS RCs at some point. I think they look very good on the Corrado. I have some contacts for wheels so will have a word with them, see what he can do for me! I'll obviously keep all the bits that I change. Maybe debadge the grill....and thats about it!

Will keep yous posted!

cheers

henk

cheers guys - hasnt quite sunk in yet that it's mine - I'm living a childhood dream! Its like when I got a lend of my dad's bosses Passat 4.0l W8...it was great but I didnt own it...its like that now! Wasnt a great fan of black cars, but the more I look at this the more I like it...plus, wopuld I be right in saying that you dont see many in black??

h

Lovely VR & especially being very rare P reg... look forward to seeing this progress..

RC's would look pukka on yr car, had a set on my valver for 4yrs.. awesome wheels...

@ easypops - likewise - I have seen you about but it was about a year ago...driving past my flat, I'm in the new gorbals, opposite the Premier Inn..I thought you were the owner of the green VR6 that sits at Halfords at Shawfield stadium...

I used to go through the Gorbals all the time.....I worked in the high st and stayed in Mt Florida, and often visited the gorbals leisure centre. I'm over in Mosspark now.....and have a new job, so not a Gorbals regular any more.....although i do get my car mot'd/fixed there still :D .

The green vr6 in the halfords car park is andygal off of here .....its his new one.....he recently sold his black one.

I'll look forward to seeing yours in the flesh at some point.......and I'll try not to show how jealous i am :D

ah right I see...supposedly the guy who was selling the Storm that I looked at initially told me that andygal was interested in his Storm when he was at Halfords...maybe not now! Might pop down and see if he's about, see what he thinks of my purchase!

Let me know if you want to pop round for a look at the car!

h

car looks mint mate!! Im the guy with the green VR at Halfords...did have a black one up til a month ago! Its off the road now for majour service, new miltek, thermostat housing, rocker cover gasket etc etc but will be driving it again start of next week!!!

Need to get a look at yours sometime, looks really tidy!

Andy

Hi Andy,

yeah easypops just informed me that your the owner - I've passed last week or so, whilst delivering decals for my friends 1973 911 Carrera RSR which is getting resprayed at Buchans in Rutherglen and noticed your car! Not in Halfords that much but I'll pop up soon with the car if your about! I'm sure I was there about a year ago and I noticed your black one and thought...man I want a Corrado bad!

Hopefully see you at some point soon! :salute:

h

ah right I see...supposedly the guy who was selling the Storm that I looked at initially told me that andygal was interested in his Storm when he was at Halfords...maybe not now! Might pop down and see if he's about, see what he thinks of my purchase!

Let me know if you want to pop round for a look at the car!

h

Aye i wouldn't mind a wee look around your car.......we'll need to sort something.

Not sure when tho as i seem to have zero spare time at the moment.

One weekend maybe ?

cheers Martin

sounds good - I'm away this weekend then off to Ibiza on tuesday! group of 10...woot! :clap:

will get something sorted when I'm back...unless I bump into you in town...not literally tho!

h

sounds good - I'm away this weekend then off to Ibiza on tuesday! group of 10...woot! :clap:

will get something sorted when I'm back...unless I bump into you in town...not literally tho!

h

No worries mate......have a nice one :D

Edit ...whats that lovely P plate doing while your away :lol:

it will be needing driven...I dont think I'll cope being away from it for a week! Hopefully the totty over there will keep my mind off it! :clap:

h