Sign in to follow this  
Traverse

I could use some opinions.

I finally sold my Porsche, so I now have money!!! My main priority is going to be finishing my 16V G60, but I'm also looking at either wheels or coilovers.

The wheels I'm looking at are $150 each, then I have to put tires on those, which will probably be the same price as the wheels. The only thing wrong with the wheels I have now is that they are 15", need new paint, and EVERYONE out here has them. These are the wheels I'm looking at:

L_5092.jpg

My other option are coils. I'm looking at two sets: One would be discounted to $550 because the guy selling them is in my local club, the other are a set of $1200 Koni's that one of my friends has on his and he swears by. Nothing is wrong with the suspension I currently have on it, except for the strut bearings and I just ordered new ones. The only thing I have against lowering it:

2281400622_36dc84555c.jpg

Yup, thats my driveway and my car in current 4x4 status.

What would you guys go with? Here's the car in question, in case some don't know it:

2647053646_1a309ca8a9.jpg

I posed this question to my local group and they told me the car was a hopeless case and I need to stop putting money into a car as old as me. Shows how much they know :?

I know how you feel reguarding ride hight, I have the same dilema with my driveway....so im moving :lol: . Im not a fan of the wheels either but you never know until there on the car

Those wheels are hotttt, black with red lip looks awesome imo.

personally i'd do suspension first and then wheels, but that's me.

Simple with the driveway, just get 2 short pieces of decent timber and keep them either at home or in the boot :grin: lay them down whenever it looks like you will need them for clearance :norty:

Personally Im not a fan of the black rims, they look a bit.....cheap :shrug: but wheels are a very personal choice, personally i would go with something classic like a Borbet or a BBS or speedline

so slam it on some KW V1`s and 4 9x16 Borbet A`s and your there :lol:

imho I think it is hard for a red Corrado to carry of black wheels...

Spend all the money on the 16vg60. :grin:

Rob, are you on crystal meth again?! Red cars look BEST on black wheels! I rocked them on my Tornado Mk2 8)

IMHO there are 4 colours of Corrado that can pull of black/dark grey wheels (in order of how good it looks :lol: )

Red

Yellow

White

Black

I think the rimmage would look damned sexy.

As for suspension - what has it got on it now? Is it just standard stuff?

I think you're going to have issues with the end of your driveway whatever you do, so I'd go with getting some wood/ramps to smooth it out made up and then get whatever suspension you like :D

lol..

Dark cars only for me i'm afraid.

nah meths not for me.

Crack gives me the high i'm looking for these days.

And it's a cool look.

:)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ah Rob, you funster.

I'm gonna find out where you live and satin black your wheels like some kind of night-time car ninja :vamp:

Actually I have had a change of heart.

Trav should go with black.

He should also keep those black stripes.

And then paint the rest of the car black. :p

i dunno why but theres has been a craze in black wheels the last couple years. I cant stand it to be honest as you dont really see the detail of the wheel, but thats just me. I like the design of those though but in 15 inch i dont think it would suit the corrado unless its literally sitting on its arse

I'm gonna find out where you live and satin black your wheels like some kind of night-time car ninja :vamp:

You'd be wasting your time last I saw they were covered in brake dust! The mucky pup! :grin:

I thought they were gunmetal powder-coated for a bit. :)

You'd be wasting your time last I saw they were covered in brake dust! The mucky pup! :grin:

I thought they were gunmetal powder-coated for a bit. :)

its a special coating.

helps with.. :scratch:

stuff.

Sorry Traverse.

I won't post any more in your thread.

Promise.