Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Calling all Borbet A owners...

What size brake/disc/calipers do you have sitting behind them? Need to know the maximum size of brakes that will fit!

Cheers

Might help if you said what diameter and offset your Borbet As are... ;)

Well, maybe :p

ET15 9x16s

Diameter wise, you won't fit anything bigger than a 312, possibly a 315 if there is such a thing under there.

However, I don't think there's a huge amount of clearance behind the As, so exactly what callipers you can squeeze under there is going to be a bit of a trial and error exercise...or at least an extremely careful measuring exercise.

You'll need to take measurements of the inside dimensions of the wheel to see how far out the callipers can stick before you get any fouling, then obviously repeat the measurements on the callipers and carriers too...

I have 280mm front calipers behind my 7.5Js with G60 discs. As for the rears they are standard for now..wanting to know if mk4 rear calipers would fit behind my 9J rears tho..

EDIT: oops, you want info for the 9Js..sorry :(

You'll only get tiny brakes ehind them! So give them to me! :p
:rofl:

Diameter wise, you won't fit anything bigger than a 312, possibly a 315 if there is such a thing under there.

However, I don't think there's a huge amount of clearance behind the As, so exactly what callipers you can squeeze under there is going to be a bit of a trial and error exercise...or at least an extremely careful measuring exercise.

You'll need to take measurements of the inside dimensions of the wheel to see how far out the callipers can stick before you get any fouling, then obviously repeat the measurements on the callipers and carriers too...

Hmm, thinking of trying to get 288 calipers onto some Seat Leon 305mm discs, so there is a possibility that will work??

i tried some willwood 4 pot superlites with 310 discs but there was no way they were gonna fit the wheels would have needed at least 10mm spacers to get them on and they stick out far enough as it is! id just got my borbets at the time so i went for style over stopping power and sold the brakes on settled for some new g60 callipers in the end

neil.