Sign in to follow this  
David Winter

Road tax OK ish 2010

Thank God our Corrados are pre-2001. Just been on the parkers site where you can find out exactly what tax your vehicle will cost in road tax in 2010. The Corrados goes up about £20 to £200 a year which I know is not cheap but a Golf R32 which is a similar modern version is going to be £750 a year :shock: This has got to make the price of older cars like our Corrdos higher hopefully!

Thank God our Corrados are pre-2001. Just been on the parkers site where you can find out exactly what tax your vehicle will cost in road tax in 2010. The Corrados goes up about £20 to £200 a year which I know is not cheap but a Golf R32 which is a similar modern version is going to be £750 a year :shock: This has got to make the price of older cars like our Corrdos higher hopefully!

£750, that is a disgrace!! Yeah, should drive up the prices of pre-2001 cars hopefully. :)

£750 for an R32 seems cheap, compared to some. Take a look at the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X 2.0 GSR FQ-360....£950! It says that's only for the 'first year' though. I really don't understand how it's all going to work.

I really don't understand how it's all going to work.

I dont think the government do properly either..... :scratch:

The Governent are a Bunch of Cnuts, wheres a modern day Guy Fawkes when you need him :shrug:

Looks like putting new engines in pre 2001 cars is the way forward then! Long live the Corrado :clap:

i rekon there will be a few 2.0 TDi 150bhp rado's popping up :notworthy:

when will British motorist finally crack and go on a killing rampage... ok OTT but still when will British motorist get together and go on strike over these out right criminal TAX and fuel prices there must be a point when enough is enough?

rado bluemotion ftw!

Looking at just how FAT the Polo bluemotion is, I wouldn't be surprised if it weighed about the same as a Corrado so the engine probably would be pretty suitable!

Just looked and the Corrado is just under 100kg's heavier! Not that much at all.

rado bluemotion ftw!

Looking at just how FAT the Polo bluemotion is, I wouldn't be surprised if it weighed about the same as a Corrado so the engine probably would be pretty suitable!

Just looked and the Corrado is just under 100kg's heavier! Not that much at all.

It must be done! Just not by me.. :p

Maybe there will be an upcoming niche market where they put new engines in older cars. Would probably work out cheaper than buying something new...until gordon brown steps in!

i rekon there will be a few 2.0 TDi 150bhp rado's popping up :notworthy:

Trouble is soon it'll be more expensive to run a diesel........whats the world (or UK in particular) coming to :scratch: