Sign in to follow this  
yorkshireone

Anyone work at Halfords?

I went in to buy a £150 piece socket/ratchet set the other day and its £199 at the mo, just wondered if anyone knew when it was going to be on offer again?? :?

:lol: £199 ? Surely you can buy decent tools for that money, i know not everyone can pay snap on prices, but Facom, Britool and Teng arent bad alternatives and still pretty cheap but good quality

The Halfords Pro stuff is superb and the 150 piece set that you can get occasionally for £99 is excellent VFM.

The Halfords Pro stuff is superb and the 150 piece set that you can get occasionally for £99 is excellent VFM.

Yup, paid £99 for mine only last week. Fantastic bit of kit with a lifetime guarantee too.....which is nice

Yup, paid £99 for mine only last week. Fantastic bit of kit with a lifetime guarantee too.....which is nice

You think it maybe varies from store to store then? where did u get urs from, maybe I could give them a ring...

:lol: £199 ? Surely you can buy decent tools for that money, i know not everyone can pay snap on prices, but Facom, Britool and Teng arent bad alternatives and still pretty cheap but good quality

as said above, halfords tools, as snap on, are guaranteed for life and snap on tools do break frequently when used daily, one of my best mates dads has been a mechanic for over 40 years and has 3 roller cabs worth of snap on tools, i've heard various stories of tools snapping during race meetings or by the side of the road so for the price difference its halfords every time for me... o and if you work in the trade or automotive industry or know someone who does, get a trade card as it makes loads of things miles cheaper!

You think it maybe varies from store to store then? where did u get urs from, maybe I could give them a ring...

I remember being told by Halfords staff that they rotate certain offers every 1 or 2 months, can't remember precisely but I was looking for a liesure battery which they had on offer. I had just missed the offer by a day and he told me it would be back on in the next period. Worth asking the staff?

I remember being told by Halfords staff that they rotate certain offers every 1 or 2 months, can't remember precisely but I was looking for a liesure battery which they had on offer. I had just missed the offer by a day and he told me it would be back on in the next period. Worth asking the staff?

Aye I'll maybe go back down and see if any of the staff have a clue. The 120pc set was on offer for £99 when I went the other day but there were no offers on the 150pc :(

Got mine from the Cannock store, wait out for the set you want, it'll soon be on offer again, it always is...you'll be gutted to get the 120 piece then the following week see the 150 piece for the same price.

Quality of the Halfords Pro stuff is superb, they are very similar in design to some big name brands, wouldn't surprise me if they come from the same factory.

Socket set went back up in price last Tuesday and was replaced on promotion by the 120pc!! This promotion will last about 2months, not sure exactly when it changes but will check tomorrow for you

Andy

Aqua G60 - I'd have Halfords pro over any of the above tbh, I actually prefer the ratchets to Snap-On

The 120pce set is at £99 at the moment, still a good deal but i'd wait for the 150pce - if you know someone with a trade card it's £95

Socket set went back up in price last Tuesday and was replaced on promotion by the 120pc!! This promotion will last about 2months, not sure exactly when it changes but will check tomorrow for you

Andy

Cheers andy that would be great :)

Ok ok i conceed, SOME of the Halfrauds tools may be ok :norty: ..........but no one on the forum has had admitted to working there yet :lol:

I echo the above really!

Years of working on shonky rusty bikes and I never once broke any of the Pro stuff!

I used to work there during school/college and through a bit of uni, until I got a job which wasn't slave labour ;)

Ok ok i conceed, SOME of the Halfrauds tools may be ok :norty: ..........but no one on the forum has had admitted to working there yet :lol:

i have the 150pc tool kit for £99 had it about 2 years now, personally id rather stick a red hot poker in my eye than work there! there frikking useless most of the time!

Went to my local Halfords for some 'acoustic carpet' for a boot install and asked the sales woman if they did any? Maybe her blank look should have sounded alarm bells.

Anyway, ten minutes later after explaining what this was, got to the stage where I said "carpet for the boot of a car", she said "no Halfords don't do anything like that".

Visited another store in the area for something else and found they do two different types of acoustic carpet and in two colours! :roll:

Don't even get me started on when I tried to get a quick release speaker wire plug! :bad-words:

I've broken the 600mm 1/2" drive breaker bar when doing my old golf's hub nuts, the part at the top where the 1/2" mech is pinned into the main body of the bar with a small black allen key headed shaft thing just sheared. But in fairness, I did have some scaffold on the end and it does explicitly have engraved in the bar not to do that kind of thing.

I will be waiting intently for the 150 pc to come back down to 100. At this rate, perhaps it will be around September when my student loan monies kick in again. That would be really good.

p.s. I find it massively hypocritical too how unhelpful halfords staff can be and find the Halfords ads in the breaks for Top Gear quite hilarious! :nuts:

find the Halfords ads in the breaks for Top Gear quite hilarious!

lol - the one with the guy demo'ing the head unit with the pop out video screen and the customer is like "Oh, cool!" as if he didn't know it did that - like the just went in to Halfords and asked them to stick in ANY head unit and held out a handful of money or something?! Surely he knew what he was getting before they installed the fecking thing in his car!!

find the Halfords ads in the breaks for Top Gear quite hilarious!

lol - the one with the guy demo'ing the head unit with the pop out video screen and the customer is like "Oh, cool!" as if he didn't know it did that - like the just went in to Halfords and asked them to stick in ANY head unit and held out a handful of money or something?! Surely he knew what he was getting before they installed the fecking thing in his car!!

:lol: glad i wasnt the only person to think that ha!

What about the one where he's demo'ing the sat nav and he says, 'just do it like i showed you', the driver then presses the sat nav screen once and the halfords bloke says something like 'hey, there you go'. ALL YOU DID IS PRESS ONE BUTTON!

:lol: maybe a little too observant from me.