Sign in to follow this  
a98pmalcolm

Wierd Brake Problem And Supercharger Oil! *G60*

Hay people, i got a really strange problem with my brakes! and it will only happen every 2weeks or so! what happens is i will try and brake and the pedal will go all the way to the floor with out hardly any power but if u pump the brake it can work but if you push the brake pedal longer than 2 seconds the pedal goes rite down to the floor again and very little power (kinda dangerus)! but then 20 - 30 mins later the problem stops for a week or two!

Can any one advise on this problem?

Also im getton some oil running through my intercooler and its a fairly new charger! Is it normal for a thin runing of oil go through the indtercooler and boost pipes from the G-Ladder chargers?

Thanks for all your time as always

Paul

Hay people, i got a really strange problem with my brakes! and it will only happen every 2weeks or so! what happens is i will try and brake and the pedal will go all the way to the floor with out hardly any power but if u pump the brake it can work but if you push the brake pedal longer than 2 seconds the pedal goes rite down to the floor again and very little power (kinda dangerus)! but then 20 - 30 mins later the problem stops for a week or two!

Can any one advise on this problem?

Also im getton some oil running through my intercooler and its a fairly new charger! Is it normal for a thin runing of oil go through the indtercooler and boost pipes from the G-Ladder chargers?

Thanks for all your time as always

Paul

a possible suggsetion to the brake problem could be your master cylinder.

^^^^^^ i second that^^^^^^^ had the same thing happen on my old mk1.the seals had gone inside and the fluid leaked into the servo! you wana sort that sharpish because i can tell you it wasnt fun using gears and a handbrake to stop!

As above,its your master cylinder,the seals are scored,lightly presing the pedel will allow the fluid to pass over the seal,by pressing sharply the seals expand out and seal.

Also i come by this quite a few times as im a mechanic,been there done that :tongue:

As for your oil problem,was the charger rebuilt due to blown seals? has the rest of the intake been cleand out before the new supercharger had been fitted?

If it was all nice and oil free then its probablem leaking oil again,who rebuilt the charger and how long ago?

the charger i bought all rebuilt by vortech coz i needed a whole new crager so i bought it direct from them! about 1000miles ago! and i have just had a new big froint mount cooler and new boost pipes!

So the master cylinder! ok i'll get that done as soon as im paid! what sort of things coz this cost?

Thanks

Paul

could be master cylinder or in my case the brake pressure compenastor as i changed my master cylinder for a bigger one and it still did it up until i swapped the brake pressure compensator.