Sign in to follow this  
junkie

New style differential

Yeah I think the Fidanza is 6lb and alloy.

Not knocking the Fidanza, but with turbo torque I wanted something a little stronger, so went with Schimmel's as it's made of cromoly steel :D

Just been called by Rob from TSR, can do them with fitting kit for £585 and will take 5-10 days delivery from the states, unfortunately no group buy deals :( what do people think, not sure what customs will add to the $935 from america so can't say if this is a good deal, but I'll be ordering one as I need it. Sorry about the lack of group buy scheme though

Just been called by Rob from TSR, can do them with fitting kit for £585 and will take 5-10 days delivery from the states, unfortunately no group buy deals :( what do people think, not sure what customs will add to the $935 from america so can't say if this is a good deal, but I'll be ordering one as I need it. Sorry about the lack of group buy scheme though

If that includes ARP bolts, gaskets, o-rings, speedometer gear ring, and bearings then that sounds very good.

Is that delivered as well?

If so that sounds very good! US price is £540 plus VAT and duty so I would be up for that from TSR.

Right, spoken to and ordered my diff, Robert at TSR said all that was needed extra that aren't in the fitting kit are the diff bearings, as mine is being rebuilt anyway it's not a problem for me, but maybe something to bear in mind. £585 delivered, and as soon as it arrives I'll take some pics of it so people can see what you get in the box.

Right, spoken to and ordered my diff, Robert at TSR said all that was needed extra that aren't in the fitting kit are the diff bearings, as mine is being rebuilt anyway it's not a problem for me, but maybe something to bear in mind. £585 delivered, and as soon as it arrives I'll take some pics of it so people can see what you get in the box.

Nice one thanks for that Matt. Sounds really good.

Dont suppose you happen to know what the dif bearing come in at do you?

Cheers

Matt

Right, my diff was delivered today so as promised, here are some pictures of it and what you get in the fitting kit

The Diff

s626257413_1433502_2443.jpg

ARP Bolts

s626257413_1433503_5719.jpg

Although TSR said I needed to get the bearings, these came in the kit from Autotech, happy days :grin:

s626257413_1433504_6600.jpg

I'm glad I have a professional building my box, no idea what all this lot is for!

s626257413_1433505_5398.jpg

s626257413_1433506_3902.jpg

s626257413_1433507_2949.jpg

Hope this helps some people out, with postage it cost £602ish pounds, but now the £-$ has gone a bit belly up it might change

yeah, speak to robert. It was £602.28, if they shipped a job lot in it should hopefully be the same price, but if they just ordered mine, then with the £ being a bit weak it could cost a bit more

sorry dudes, car STILL isn't on the road yet and my wish for it to be ready for the ccgb agm is looking slim too :(

will update as soon as i can

It's all in, but something happened to the chip so another is being written of me to bed the engine in with. Decided to get the alloys refurbed while I'm waiting for that. Saying that, I was beginning to believe my ownership of a corrado was all a figment of my imagination :lol:

I just hope it's worth the wait and hassle it's been to get it together!!

Right, now it's all in and running I can give a quick update. I can't really drive the car in anger yet as I'm bedding in the engine but as the car will do some good speeds below 3.5K rpm I have had a little play in the corners.....

WOW :shock: :notworthy: it is awesome!! I've never driven a car with a Quaife in so can't comment on it as a comparison but it took alot of provocation in the wet to get some understeer and when it did it lasted for a split second before getting grip back and pulling you around the corner, and to my grateful surprise it even does it when you lift off the throttle :clap: :clap:

I'm really impressed with it and can't wait to get it on track and used in anger for a proper report.

p.s. more info can be found at http://www.limited-slip.com, they have a section on the wavetrac with more technical info

Awesome, that's good news!

If my Quaife ever breaks, I'll defo be fitting a Wavetrak. Only snag is I've had the Quaife in there for over 4 years, 2 of those with a turbo and it's showing absolutely no signs of giving up :mad2:

Maybe I should sell it on here :lol: