Sign in to follow this  
Gilboyto

Gilboyto's OBD2 Converted VR6 Turbo Corrado

CrazyDave on here knows squirt very well. There must be a way to get it to compensate based on voltage on one of the auxillary inputs? Say add 50% more fuel if the EGT voltage is 4V for example, or fire up the Meth/water injection!

I've thought about individual bodies on the VR6, but with a proper plenum for turbo use. The torque would be insane, as would throttle response! :D Early BMW M engines have such throttles and a plenum, think I'll have to hunt round the junk yards for a set!

Never had any issues with USRT, Schimmel, ATP, SummitRacing, Jegs, FourSeasons etc etc.... once you find good suppliers, you tend to stick with them!

I might have to IM him about the EGT stuff.

I have been researching ITB's for the VR6 for over 2 years. Grant motorsports in the UK sells a kit, but you have to cut your hood to fit them :cuckoo:

Personally I will be going more for something similar to what big Ron did on his mk2 and then on his mk1...

kaunitz07_131.jpg

I met James from fourseasontuning last year when I was in California. The guy is a blast to hang out with. I have spent so many thousands of dollars with him... He has always gone out of his way for me also. I needed nissan parts for my moms pathfinder last year and he even got those for me! Actually will be calling him later today to get prices on some stuff :clap:

Welcome! We're just getting started on VRT's over here... but I hear so many stories from people who 'Have something in the pipeline'. So pretty sure we'll have a few more before long. Never had a disapointed passenger yet :lol: and my VRT must be one of the mildest.

Megasquirt does have code built in for driving NOS etc, which could be used for Methanol instead. Trouble is I think thats the MSnExtra code for the MSII processor which didn't support EGT when I last looked (only the early MS1 code had EGT, but it wasn't great on my VRT). I'll have a dig about of the forum to see if that's changed.

Welcome! We're just getting started on VRT's over here... but I hear so many stories from people who 'Have something in the pipeline'. So pretty sure we'll have a few more before long. Never had a disapointed passenger yet :lol: and my VRT must be one of the mildest.

Megasquirt does have code built in for driving NOS etc, which could be used for Methanol instead. Trouble is I think thats the MSnExtra code for the MSII processor which didn't support EGT when I last looked (only the early MS1 code had EGT, but it wasn't great on my VRT). I'll have a dig about of the forum to see if that's changed.

see MS II router board and general purpose I/o board.

Apparently it is imminent.

It will support among other things EGT's.

I wish you had had the right one, but yeah I guess I need to find one from a coilpack car, but that will probably be near impossible.

Lol, I told him last week that I shipped the 2nd one I had out since apparently USPS cant find the other one :nono:

USPS sucks with loosing packages... but at least they don't drop a fully built 4wheeler engine on the ground and crack the crank case like UPS did :sad:

took over a year to collect money from them for that incident.

My bad! Kyle reminded me that I forgot to give you guys an update on my work. I just recently went thru major reconstructive surgery on my arm, so the car has slowed down on progress a bit. Major as in I have to wear a brace on my arm for 9 months.....

Well, I guess you could say I got a wild hair up my ass and got bored w ith only 12psi on the T04s 60-1.....

This is the last time anyone saw the car running...

DSC_1389.jpg

DSC_1390.jpg

DSC_0747.jpg

Now, a lot of work started to take place, like removing my old motor....

IMG_0009.jpg

Keep in mind I have a SMALL garage to work with because its full of SHIT all over the place.

DSC04901.jpg

BYE BYE OLD TURBO! You will be missed...

DSC04903.jpg

As you can probably tell the New Mexico desert doesnt take kindly to driving a Corrado everyday...dirt GALORE!

DSC04904.jpg

Messy Space!

DSC04908.jpg

DSC04907.jpg

DSC04905.jpg

I have a LOT of work ahead of me :(

DSC04914.jpg

Well after removing the motor I got the head off with the help of a friend sicne I cant really use my left arm (did I mention Im left handed?), So that was a good feat.

DSCF0033.jpg

Later headspacer!

DSCF0030.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

Exhaust a bit hot?

DSCF0032.jpg

My old SPEC Stage III Clutch and pressure plate. (trying to sell BTW)

DSC04920.jpg

DSC04921.jpg

I have sold TONS of stuff from my old setup already, including my old headspacer from C2, The turbo, etc.

Old turbo

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

No more Bosch 440cc injectors.

DSC04891.jpg

And sadly, no more Schmidt Modernlines. I absolutely LOVE the wheels, but they are being sold to someone on here actually, and his plans are going to be AMAZING looking that I am jealous.

Now, for anyone interested. Here are my plans that will be going on over this winter. I have sadly sold all this, but I am going to be doing a full rebuild on the motor which includes JE 8.5:1 forged pistons, forged rods and ceramic bearings with balanced internals that will be bored out to a 3 Liter. And a LOT of head work. Im talking oversized valves, port and polishing and keeping the stock cams but using titanium retainers and HD springs. Im looking for reliable revs up to 7500rpm.

As far as the turbo I had to basically sell my wheels to help fund it, as I am upgrading all of this to a GT4088R. Capable of 700HP without much effort, I wont be spooling this until about 4500rpm (4k rpm previous turbo), but the flow is MUCH more amazing and it will be the dual ball bearing type, that in itself costs right about 2K, so you can see why I had to sell the wheels.

I think I am still going to stick with the C2 OBD2 software but the 630 file if it is capable of going to the limits that I need, not sure if I will need a custom tune from them or not.

More importantly, there is going to be CHROME thru my engine bay. My Schimmel SRI, valve cover to name a few will be chromed because if Im going all out I might as well make it ballin!!!

Last and most imporant to me (and most time consuming) will be the shaved bay!

Kyle (PiercedWinky) motivated me to shave the bay and hide the wiring, so while my engine is out, why not?!?!?!?!?!

Thats it for now!!!

OH PS, Heres pictures of my 3000K HIDs in the e-codes.

IMG00018.jpg

See the cut off? and yes they are yellow HIDs

IMG00019.jpg

Lunatic...I tip my hat to you sir, some serious effort being put in here.

Sorry to hear about your arm too, bummer dude.

Haha thanks, Im like the biomechanic man, except I can only move my arm within a certain range of motion right now. Oh well I seem to get by, as long as I can weld and grind them down, I hope I should be ok.

I really do think that Ive went nuts. I had about 300 or so hp in the rado before I ripped it apart, for some reason I just got bored with it and wanted to go all out. Wish me luck!

The biggest piece of advice I have for you on the shaved bay is just start on it and don't look back. If you do you will get scared.

Remove brackets first, then weld holes. When you get to the raintray call me or wells. We both pulled ours and know some tricks.

You can run the wiring behind the dash without having much to lengthen.

Are you getting rid of the holes in the firewall or keeping them for wiring?

I think I am going to remove most of it, because I will be removing teh dash to take out the blower motor and the AC and heater core stuff because I wont be running either of them anymore.

As for the holes, I know there is the one in the passenger side that I could use to get the ECU wiring out from there, yes? behind the passenger side strut tower, or is there some other place you would recommend?

I really do think that Ive went nuts. I had about 300 or so hp in the rado before I ripped it apart, for some reason I just got bored with it and wanted to go all out. Wish me luck!

Yeah, that's the problem I've got now. Should have gone turbo. :roll:

Good luck! :)

Finally another update.

Had a couple of hours to burn today and wanted to get started on this before I go back to work on Thursday.

As you can see my engine bay was just CLOGGED with dirt. Absolutely filthy!!! EVERY owner of this Rado (I think Im the 4th), dailied it, and now that I have a chance to take it off the road I can see how bad its gotten.

DSCF0087.jpg

Look at that buildup!

DSCF0088.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

I ground up a bit of the dirt using a screwdriver since it was so caked on not even a harsh brush was getting thru it...

DSCF0090.jpg

DSCF0091.jpg

OIL EATER FTMFW!!!! I spray that on like Im taking a bath in it, and waited about 5 minutes before scrubbing into it (this was after I removed all that loose dirt btw)

DSCF0092.jpg

Then, thanks to this guy to help me clean it off!

DSCF0095.jpg

Its supposed to be used for interior like carpet inside a house, its a portable steam cleaner but it works WONDERS for removing grime!!!

DSCF0093.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

Got a few brackets removed too since I dont need em..

I only had the time to remove the ones that are holding down the harness on the passenger side, the one on the strut area, battery hold-down and the window resivour one today. Some of them are a PAIN to remove!!!

DSCF0096.jpg

SpLOOOOGEEEE!

DSCF0097.jpg

Battery hold out

DSCF0099.jpg

DSCF0100.jpg

All in all, for about 3 hours of work Im satisified for today.

Oil eater works so well. Looks like you are at least getting somewhere with this finally.

Go pull the rest of the wiring out so you can actually get some work done!

There is something in the mail for you BTW ;-)