Sign in to follow this  
Philuk

Plastic Trim on doors

the plastic trim on the doors only has gone all pants and faded. the pieces on the rear quaters loks all bobbely nd shiney but the bits on the doors look all smooth and faded. ive tried the megs trim wax and tyre sh ine but nothing seems to put the colour back into it, is it gonna be spray em up or get new pieces or can they be fixed. im stumped lol

What tyre shine have you tried? I myself use the Megs Endurance Tyre and Trim Gell (the purple stuff that smells nice :D) and it brings mine up a treat and they stay like it for quite a while!

yup thats the stuff i tried. but they have a totally different texture to what the pieces on the rear panels and the really small bits on the front wings have. its like they have been smoothed down. all the tiny bumper bobbles have gone and its smooth.

I use Mer Bumper and Trim Gel . Looks like green snot :tongue: but works an absolute treat and only takes a few seconds to do.

i use autoglymn bumper care and usually brings my bumpers up pretty nice on my polo

Thats what i too would have suggested. Got a nice smell to it too.

I suffer the same problem and the products mentionned do improve the look for a bit but one of mine has turned almost brown. I bought a new one for one side from VAG but the passenger side is now obsolete.

i think personally its lost any chance of just a cover up wax thing fixing it. its not like its just faded it seems to of lost any life that it had! lol might try the heatgun thing if im feeling brave! :p

Under normal circumstances I use the purple Megs stuff that smells of bubblegum, or the AG bumper care...

However, in the past on previous VW's like a Mk2 GTi I used to own with big bumpers I use a kind of dye that worked really, really well, looked profesional and from then on only needed 'topping up' as per usual cleans with the likes of AG bumper care.

However, I can't remember the product ( :camp: ) so I'll hunt around on google and see if I can find it. It looks like one of those tube things with a sponge on the end that lazy people use to clean their shoes.