Sean_Jaymo

Sean Jaymo - Grey Scale!! Pg8 - Go on have a look!

Right, seeing as I still have a fair amount of time on my hands after getting back, I decided it would be a good idea to replace the oil filter as I never managed to the other day due to the housing being stuck on and in fear of cracking it! I went out and got myself the 36mm socket needed and a new filter housing from VW. £18.91 plus the dreaded which I didn't think was too bad knowing what VW can be like! Swapped that today. The old filter had a date stamp of 2005 on it! :eek: Doesn't mean much I know but still old!

So anyway, new one of those fitted along with the new bracket and screws for the fuel filter to hold that in place so all done now!

Seeing as I had a few hours of daylight left and I had some new centre caps for my alloys that were bought in July which needed fitting, I decided it would be a "good idea" to fit them and give the wheels a quick spruce up whilst I was at it! 2 and a half hours later......! Also fitted my looking nuts which really should have been fitted before now and some bolt caps to spruce it all up!

Old vs New caps

29012009015.jpg

Got carried away so out came the clay bar! This is the result!

29012009017.jpg

Some well named wax!

29012009016.jpg

Finished one! 3 left and then I could warm my fingers up!!

29012009018.jpg

29012009019.jpg

Tomorrows installment should be a wash if my fingers warm up!

Oh and the reason my fans weren't coming on? The lecky plug on the back of them had come off! Odd!! Oh well back on now and all is well!!

Well, about a week ago, before the snow started coming in! I had a few spare hours so I went out and did this little mod I've been wanting to do for a while now!

Start

30012009022.jpg

During

30012009023.jpg

After

30012009025.jpg

30012009026.jpg

At the DCO meet last weekend...

005-4.jpg

Really chuffed with how this came out considering it cost me a fiver and a few hours of my time! Only wish I now had some decent, non smashed to pieces fogs! Ho hum.... It's a project I guess...

Looks really good mate :D. Been meaning to do that headlight mod myself for ages, must get round to it soon :lol:

Cheers guys! She had a bath on Friday afternoon and i'm loving the colour again! Shame it just shows the tattyness of the paint underneath!

KW Variant 1's are going on. I was initially going to go for the V3's but decided that they are a bit ott for a daily which tracks once or twice a year at the most! Fingers crossed that they are as comfortable as I have been lead to believe!

Coilys are here now! Got the rear fitted, Just the front to do now! Hopefully can do that over the weekend and then i'm sitting pretty! Time for some pics then!!

Are K reg VRs rare or something, going by the comment in this thread. Mines not grey but it is a K reg?

It has a late interior and coilpack, sounds like one of the first coil pack VRs.

Are K reg VRs rare or something, going by the comment in this thread. Mines not grey but it is a K reg?

It has a late interior and coilpack, sounds like one of the first coil pack VRs.

i'm unsure on this; i also have a K reg VR with the late interior and a coilpack. i was thinking they were quite rare too, unsure for certain...

when was yours first registered? mine was 30/06/1993...

by the way Shaun, your car is looking lovely. i have been umming and arrring over the headlight detailing for a while now - you've just made my mind up - top work! :D

i'm sure you will be loving the KW's before long too!

Will do boys! I finished fitting them in the dark about a hour ago... Will let her settle for a few days before I change the height. Currently sitting at -50mm all round I think. I wanna go lower but live in the sticks, commute to more sticks to see the girlfriend and have big speed bumps where I work/live. I can't see an issue with getting lower though!

Pictures tomorrow tho!

i'm unsure on this; i also have a K reg VR with the late interior and a coilpack. i was thinking they were quite rare too, unsure for certain...

when was yours first registered? mine was 30/06/1993...

by the way Shaun, your car is looking lovely. i have been umming and arrring over the headlight detailing for a while now - you've just made my mind up - top work! :D

i'm sure you will be loving the KW's before long too![/quote:1e8ztlbh]

Well done on the lights! It's the best "cheap" mod. £5 and a few hours of my time! The little drive i've had on the KW's has been surprisingly good actually! Very impressive!!!

The rare item is having a 92 VR and a it being Grey as far as I have been lead to believe!

I think it was due to there being very few ordered. Not sure if the colour was phased out? There are 5 at the most that I can think of. If that.

Most of the grey ones left seem to be G60's

Here we go, finally got some pictures but they came from my phone so not the best, going to see if the good lady wishes to go out for some proper pics this evening....

Enjoy

01032009048.jpg?t=1235931649

love the look of your C on those wheels Sean - just the right combo of mean/classy (if there is such a thing!)

IMO, some VW centre caps for the wheels would look much nicer than the BBS items... (check out my car towards the end of my thread)

looking 8) though! :D

Here we go, finally got some pictures but they came from my phone so not the best, going to see if the good lady wishes to go out for some proper pics this evening....

Enjoy

01032009048.jpg?t=1235931649

that looks superb buddy, really like that. wheels suit it perfectly..

Cheers guys! It is getting closer and closer to how I want it to be! Those who have seen it up close will know that the paintwork needs some desperate TLC! Next is work on that paint, fix the rear left stub axle which is bent slightly and then replace the brake pads and get the geo sorted. Anybody know how much Stealth charge for the Geo?

Pete, I thought about the VW badges but then I only bought these brand new and genuine last summer and have had them fitted for a few weeks! Will think about it for the future tho.

cool - fair one about the centre caps bud; they still look very good all the same! :D

i wondered looking at the pic you posted up if your rear wheel was on the pi$$ - didn't want to post anything to draw doubt/put your car down; was shortly going to PM you actually!

hope you get it all sorted soon buddy :)

It's ok mate, It's been noticed by a few people... I think that either

A) It has had a smack against a kerb by a previous owner in the past, although the rear axle looks ok so maybe the stub axle.

B) Someone has had the stub axle of for some reason and it has gone back on upside down?

Will look into it asap!

Also called stealth, £80 plus the dreaded but there was a 2 and a half week wait! Needs sorting sooner than that really...

It's ok mate, It's been noticed by a few people... I think that either

A) It has had a smack against a kerb by a previous owner in the past, although the rear axle looks ok so maybe the stub axle.

B) Someone has had the stub axle of for some reason and it has gone back on upside down?

Will look into it asap!

Also called stealth, £80 plus the dreaded but there was a 2 and a half week wait! Needs sorting sooner than that really...

i would guess either it has been fitted poorly (shimmed or something for whatever reason...), or it has had a knock.

it's impossible to fit the stub axles on the wrong way round othewise you wouldn't be able to fit the brakes etc.

doubt the rear beam is bent; they are pretty sturdy items (rado's also had strengthening butresses on the ends unlike golfs etc), so it would have to have taken a bloody good whack to bend the beam - normally just the stub axles that go.

and yeah, i would get it sorted asap - sort out your handling, tyre wear, all sorts. not teaching you to suck eggs, but there are only 4 small patches of the car in contact with the road anyway - you want to make sure they are all setup properly or the car will be a fair bit less safe than it should really be.

I'm going to go to the stealers tomorrow for some bits. I've been searching for a replacement stub axle from a source I can trust so I am going to bite the bullet I think....

It's alright you are not teaching me to suck eggs. I'm an Engineer in Her Majesty's finest....!

Right I went an bit the bullet!

I have a new stub axle, bearing kit, rear brake pads and discs and all of the fittings on their way to me tomorrow. Just need a warm couple of hours to fit them all now!!