Sean_Jaymo

Sean Jaymo - Grey Scale!! Pg8 - Go on have a look!

Just thought I would say I was on the Nurburgring today! (again!!)

It was AWESOME!!!

Videos and photo's later!

That is all!!

Well I'm back from the Ring and the trip to Wolfsburg! For those of you who haven't been to either! I really advise it! This was my third time out at the ring and I still love it as much as when I first went out there!!

Happy to report that the Corrado is still in one piece despite 1500 miles, 4 laps of the ring and 610 miles in one day!! Only a bit of oil used and that is all! On 158k now as well so am pretty chuffed!

I'll let the photo's talk! There are a few!

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

Enjoy!!

Sounds excellent - and great pics! The Nurburgring is just a special place, no doubt about it..

That Porsche Panamera is shockingly ugly though. What the hell were they thinking!

The place is awesome! Every true petrolhead needs to try and get out there!

You say that, I used to agree but I am really quite liking the Porsche! It's just massive tho!!

Legend has it that it is the new Mercedes SLK.... A few spotter websites on the net seem to agree...

What ever it is, it sounds beautiful!

IMG_0189.jpg

Any info on that^^^^????

say ello to the new aluminium bodies merc gullwing boys and girls, autocar did a lil feature a few months back and the shrouded beastie was identical, look at the shape of the defined rear boot area and then gooogle the original gullwing, looks pretty close so hopefully they're using the good line sto influence the new one

Have got some new toys en route!

312mm brake discs in hand a Milltek Cat-back due to be fitted next Friday! Whoop whoop!

I did yeah, turned out that the system wasn't bleed all too well and there was some air in the master servo! 2 minutes of bleeding it out and all was good!

Have been out of the country with work so Milltek still not fitted but will make a plan come together for this week!

No just the Cat-Back, moving into a new place soon so have gone in money saving mode! The old suitcase box was starting to rot through and MOT is due next month so I managed to justify it to myself that way! :D

Was out with the camera the other day and realised that I hadn't taken any photo's of Giggity Gew! Looking back at other photos from when I first got her, the difference is quite impressive!

First off, The old shed when I first got her!

K718GEW.jpg

And now a year later!

IMG_1438.jpg

Random picture from the rollers last week, thought it looked cool!

IMG_1504.jpg

Also.....

Been working on a project for the last few months, getting pieces together and researching... I'll let the pictures do the talking....

Short timeline...

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

Dash is from the 8P1 shape Audi A3 with Porsche Boxster Tombstones (will get some better pics actually now I think of it!) and a Mk6 Golf GTi steering wheel.

Seats are half leather/half alcantara with electric backs.

I retrimmed the dash lower portions in grey alcantara and the centre console is a custom built carbon fibre panel with light/ancillary switches and mk4 heater controls. There is still a lot of work to finish it, not to mention a damn good hoover!

What do you lot reckon?

looks bloody nice. A new dash really lifts the Corrado cabin, i do feel its one area that lets the car down. Thats the sort of dash i'm looking to fit in mine too, but perhaps with the climatronic instead. Is it a big problem to wire the new dash in - clocks, lights etc? And roughly how long did this take? Very impressive work though, i must say.

Thanks for all the kind responses!

All in all, it took me just about a week to do the swap but a few months to do all of the planning, prep and research! It's 90% there at the moment. Just need to make a up a few end cards for the dash, some panels for above the centre tunnel and getting the air ducting in properly.

The biggest problem I had was sourcing stuff to work with the dash but wasn't on a can-bus system. The dials are all fully functional but are the earlier ones so no centre info screen like most mk4 era cars. I was after this more as I didn't want to make the car interior look too modern for the exterior of the car. The beauty with the new dials are that the fuel gauge is now rock solid no matter how it's driven unlike the standard gauge.