Sign in to follow this  
paulw12

weird lump of metal in air box

just been messing round with me air box and found what doesent look right. a piece ofmetal bent into the shape of a propelar in the pipe coming from the throttle body to the air box it doesent look like its ment to be there it looks like someone has put it there as if to propel the air as it goes into air box.can anyone help with this to confirm its not ment to be there and why someone would put it there.cheers

Cool.

Pretty sure it shouldn't be there. be interesting to see if it's some other part though.

dont seem 2 have any other engine prob. starts first turn idles nice get pics 2 moz u will be surprised 2 c what it is

:lol: im going with toad when he said ebay supercharger. I will LMAO if it is one of them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jaguar-Supercharg ... otohosting

'Extends engine life' my a*se it does.

Ohh I love those ebay ads "here's a dyno plot a customer sent me" with no explanation as to what's what or even if one of the fan things was installed :lol:

The thing that gets me is how he can't have a horrific negative feedback for "item is a sack of crap"... but then again, he's only claiming that you get 1-7hp gains and 2-4mpg difference. You can get that kind of difference by having different weather :lol: :(

:lol: im going with toad when he said ebay supercharger. I will LMAO if it is one of them.

Ohh I love those ebay ads "here's a dyno plot a customer sent me" with no explanation as to what's what or even if one of the fan things was installed :lol:

The thing that gets me is how he can't have a horrific negative feedback for "item is a sack of crap"... but then again, he's only claiming that you get 1-7hp gains and 2-4mpg difference. You can get that kind of difference by having different weather :lol: :(

Exactly! :lol:

I mean why bother spending bags of cash on getting your rado supercharged or Turbo'd. When you can simply spend £15 and get this! YEEEY!

Im tempted to ask if this would replace the hairdryer i put under the bonnet.

I love how the 'Science behind this lump of crap' section completely fails to actually explain anything about what it supposedly does that improves performance and improves fuel economy. Ridiculous!!

Infact, youre probably better off putting a cpu cooling fan in your airbox, it would make more of a difference. What were the people thinking that bought this!?

I love the "previous customer" quote:

Amazing item! My 3 litre car now runs just like american muscle car 7 litre V8!!!!

... so it does 4mpg and produces just under 100bhp then...? :scratch: :lol:

plus hear is a photo of my corrado only had it 2 weeks and allready in garage getting break pds and bushis i take it as what u get when someone puts something like that in the air boxPhoto-0082.jpg[/attachment:4zohsjlf][attachment=0]

been on the carlsberg me two. quite like this car the more im reading this forum the more plans i have this is my first corrado its totally standerd apart from body kit wich i dont think looks 2 bad any ideas on engine mods :confused4: