Sign in to follow this  
loopylindsay

flaws with the raddos

I have never found another car where you can only close one electric window at a time...

Aside from the rain thing, also it gets like an oven after 5 minutes of sunshine.

I have never found another car where you can only close one electric window at a time...

Yeah, never understood that. :scratch:

its so you can't kill your kids with it , i know my windows would if they had the chance :gag: .

Sunroof is kack on mine , and the TB keeps sticking :(

Radoman

The weird booming reverberation you get with the sun roof open but the windows closed - that's assuming your self-destructing sun roof actually opens in the first place.

The headlights, obviously and the related self-destruct headlight switch issue. The VR6 cooling system as time gets on and the heat of the engine toasts the plastic bits. The shonky rubber mount for the auxiliary cooling pump.

The annoying perishing roof strips that accomplish, erm, what exactly?

The throw on the standard gear shift - like rowing a canoe across the Channel.

The way you have to drive with your windows down at all times so you can listen to the VR6 exhaust note bouncing back off the dry stone walls in the Peak District :)

I guess if all that really, really gets to you, then you probably should have bought a Toyota instead :wink:

i hate the fact the rain drips inside when you have the window open and brake

Yeah - that drives me up the bleeding wall as well!

even worse when you have cleaned/ polished & done the glass only to get the dreaded dribble when you go up the street :mad2:

Has anyone else spent muchos time and money replacing/repairing their sunroof so that it slides again, only to not use it in fear of it breaking again?!?!

Or is that just me?

Also the bottom of the speedo surround is a pain in the proverbial to clean.

I always end up removing the whole thing to clean it properly.

Dunno what the point of the grooves are other than to store fluff and dust.

I use a dry paintbrush for that and the vents.

The clocks don't seem to fit in their place properly either and there is no handle or anything inside the bootlid so you can pull it down without getting your hands dirty.

what about the door handles!!! they are a bit pants! have owned 2 corrados and have had to replace 3 door handles..very glad 'daves door handle repair kit' exists!!

What about those pointless headlamp washers? I think they were an optional extra. If you spray the windscreen while the headlights are on you also get a splodge of washer fluid on the lights that goes nowhere towards cleaning them. Oh, there are also those bump strips on the door that are supposed to prevent supermarket dings. If you notice, the dings are always a few inches higher than that!

Oh, there are also those bump strips on the door that are supposed to prevent supermarket dings. If you notice, the dings are always a few inches higher than that!

You're right there! The door bump strips on mine are completely unmarked, but the crease line in the metal above is peppered on both doors with little chips from brainless mongs throwing car doors open in Tescos car parks! I don't dare take the Corrado 'into town' on a Saturday anymore otherwise I'll have no paint left.

definatly however i have noticed that they save other cars from getting dings off your door (typical). i agree with the boot as you either almost pull the number plate off or have to pull on your spoiler which im always scared im going to brake to i hold the lock mechanism inside but i have to pull my hand out quick to make sure it doesnt get trapped and it is filthy

Ah i can live with the boot thing. But all three of the corrado ive owned steam up really easily, anyone else noticed that? Today the heavens just opened up, really hard rain but for only about 5 minutes. The all the car's windows just steamed up completely.

Ah i can live with the boot thing. But all three of the corrado ive owned steam up really easily, anyone else noticed that? Today the heavens just opened up, really hard rain but for only about 5 minutes. The all the car's windows just steamed up completely.

Yep, my VR steams up really well in the rain, and the screen vents do bugger all to clear it, I reckon I can fart harder than my number 4 fan speed.

Might have the glove box out to see if the blower ducts are all marrying up still??

Yep, my VR steams up really well in the rain, and the screen vents do bugger all to clear it, I reckon I can fart harder than my number 4 fan speed.

Might have the glove box out to see if the blower ducts are all marrying up still??

heh yeah it doesnt help with mine blower that the direction knob is knackered and is set between the windscreen and the dash vents, so you end up getting a little bit of hot air out of both as opposed to getting all the air out of one or the other. :lol:

What about those pointless headlamp washers? I think they were an optional extra. If you spray the windscreen while the headlights are on you also get a splodge of washer fluid on the lights that goes nowhere towards cleaning them. Oh, there are also those bump strips on the door that are supposed to prevent supermarket dings. If you notice, the dings are always a few inches higher than that!

I disagree with that about the washers, alright they are pretty useless, but they are particularlly good at soaking the car behind in water. Had a friend in tears of laughter the other day as we were drenching some idiot in a Renault Meagne convertible because he kept tail-gaiting me, he was not very happy.

I particulary like the way the floor mat pins snap off and allow the mats ruck up behind the brake pedal every time you get in..lol and the way you can replace the heater themostat and the heater controls as many times as you want and it makes absolutely sod all difference :lol:

a further flaw is the parcelshelf things that attatch to the roof. its hard work if you ever need a new one to put it through the whole.

well theres my little rant what do u guys think are the raddos flaws and good points?

...know what you mean - replaced the snapped ones on mine earlier this year. A tiny niggle - hairline cracks on old clear plastic bit, behind the heater controls, prevents dash-light to continue to each outer control knobs. My 'coin' shelf above where my right shin goes is a bugger to fix back (keeps falling off). Intermittent central-locking probs... Likewise with the steamy windows. Poor reversing view. Having to revamp the headlight looms so that I can shine brighter bulbs. Jammed up spoiler arm on left side... But these are all things I've really had to think about, as I :luvlove: my rado far more than I'm letting on. :splat:

crickey guys and gals its an old car the majority of cars especially these days wont even see these ages let alone still be admired by many

give them a brake new cars are no better there equally as temperamental :)

crickey guys and gals its an old car the majority of cars especially these days wont even see these ages let alone still be admired by many

give them a brake new cars are no better there equally as temperamental :)

I would give it a break if it wasn't for the fact that the brakes are one of the flaws.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the biggest flaw is that with all these flaws we still wouldn't swap it for anything else :clap:

I think the biggest flaw is that with all these flaws we still wouldn't swap it for anything else :clap:

That's a good one - didn't see that one coming! :clap:

A main flaw which is a safety thing - the fastest wiper speed isn't fast enough in a downpour, even when driving slowly!

A main flaw which is a safety thing - the fastest wiper speed isn't fast enough in a downpour, even when driving slowly!

Good God man you arent supposed to take the car out the rain !!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thats just asking for trouble :lol: