Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Mates R32 Storm - MAPPED.. by friend&Myself!

Nice work, sounds feckin sweet. I've never had a tubular manifold that doesn't sound like it's leaking, which isn't to say they all do, but it's why I modified the Audi downpipe rather than go the dubsport way. Still it's all good, and makes me wan't to hurry mine up a bit :D

Oh dear, sounds similar to the problems Karl had with his install and Dubpower manifold not sealing, took 4 sets to get a proper seal and even that needed chopping about to fit. The problem with the alignment is that Pete has made them for Mk2 golfs as they fit perfectly on them, he then just assumes they'll fit perfectly on corrados when they clearly don't :nono:

it's why I modified the Audi downpipe rather than go the dubsport way.

That's exactly what I would have done too 8)

Seems the safer choice

looks and sounds very nice Ben.

i would still get that heatshield above the exhasut back on. not only is it going to help get rid of heat, but those plastic intake manifolds are pretty flimsy and are known for cracking - they need all the support they can get.

mine used to flex when you suddenly gave it wide open throttle, i'm guessing yours probably does the same, so you know what i mean...

edit - also my downpipe sounded like it was blowing just a tiny tiny bit from somewhere, but i never got to finding out where. forgot to check when it came off the car, but there was nothing obvious that's for sure

i would still get that heatshield above the exhasut back on. not only is it going to help get rid of heat, but those plastic intake manifolds are pretty flimsy and are known for cracking - they need all the support they can get.

mine used to flex when you suddenly gave it wide open throttle, i'm guessing yours probably does the same, so you know what i mean...

It's on his "to-do" list, as the manifold does get a hefty blast of heat, along with moving quite a bit relative to the head. The only problem is the engine wasn't supplied with one, so he's got to source (or stump up the cash at the dealer for) one first.

It's on his "to-do" list, as the manifold does get a hefty blast of heat, along with moving quite a bit relative to the head. The only problem is the engine wasn't supplied with one, so he's got to source (or stump up the cash at the dealer for) one first.

that's cool - i PM'd him about it a while ago and was surprised that nothing had been done about it yet.

i'm not surprised it moves around a lot! it's surprisingly thin considering what it is.

just see if he can get it fitted easily now. as far as i remember, you can't get it on without taking the inlet manifold off and you also can't get the manifold off and then back on easily without taking the pas/alternator bracket off (due to bolt clearances etc), which also means taking the alternator and PAS pump back off too!

see how you get on - the joys of corrado ownership!!!

i think i still have my r32 heatshield at the lockup, i will have a look at the weekend for you.

good man Karl - they are probably horrific prices from the stealers

it's why I modified the Audi downpipe rather than go the dubsport way.

That's exactly what I would have done too 8)

When I did my 24v install I had a local firm fabricate a downpipe from the 4mo mani to existing VR exhaust. No issues, fits like factory (including a flexi section), engine note is sweet and it cost less than £200.

Sweet Jeesus!!! That is simply awesome....

So, how much for you to do the R32 conversion on my VR6?

No idea!! But I'm retiring from doing other peoples engine conversions etc.. I would like to spend some time on my own thing for a while..

But PM me if your dead interested?! lol

i think i still have my r32 heatshield at the lockup, i will have a look at the weekend for you.

Be very interested in that Kip!!!!

PM me if you have one kicking about.. have notes waiting chap.

Thanks

Ben

Hi all..

Thanks for the posts..

Yes there is still a few things to sort before it goes to its owner. Heat shield being one of them Pete ;-)

Just had no time to finish this project off. It was happening very fast at the beginning of the year but the car is now located at my folks and I've only managed to get back there for about 3 weekends since Feb! Thus the slow progress, but its not far away now.

Glad you all enjoyed the vid(s). Those engines sounds truly amazing!!

Some pics from the mapping weekend below.

Update next weekend hopefully.. Want to get all the lights, handbrake, finish wiring the dash (rpm, speedo, water temp left to do), fit ARB, tidy engine bay and fix ECU into position..

:clap: :clap:

Ben, I was showing this thread to a cousin of mine to show what became of my old Corrado Storm - he was remembering how he had driven it once also and wished he could have bought it off me when i was selling - well I found this thread and THEN I saw the youtube video! Car is sound incredible. It is very strange seeing the car i know so well, the same number plate etc, putting out sounds like that!

I see you have not posted on this thread for a while - what is the latest with the car?

Its sat under a cover at my folks house waitng for me to finish the car off.. I've just bought a house so I've had no time to work on the car. I sold it on to a mate so he will take delivery of this car hopefully sometime in March/April. Its changed a fair bit since you had it thats for sure..

Ben