Sign in to follow this  
jg60bv

what porsche mirrors fir the corrado

hi guys need some help what porsche miirors are the best replacment for the corrado?

None of them :p

Welcome to the forum :wave:

TVR ones will fit, from a chimera? i think?.................oh my mistake they are actually Corrado mirrors on them :D

People have fitted Porsche mirrors in the past but they're not cheep and you will need to modify the mounts... the mx5 ones are similar in shape and cost a lot less so worth considering as an alternative!

welcome to the forum btw :D

Another one for you, the revised roadgoing Caparo T1 is getting Corrado Mirrors, the recessed ones in the wing weren't too good apparently...

Am needing new lenses for my Raddo and am guessing you guys are talking about the whole thing, as to just the lenses??

Got quoted £100 from VW for the lenses alone seems insane to me. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Yeah it's the whole unit being mentioned above - £100 for just the glass is ridiculous! :shock: - You can buy cheap stick on mirror film from halfrauds mate - if you just need to replace them due to corrosion it might be worth using that, i've used it before and you wouldn't be able to tell.

Yeah totally! Must check up on it as it was my dad who had asked the VW garage. They maybe quoting for the whole thing n not just the lenses.

I've put a Halfrauds one on the drivers mirror as it was broken, and as you said, stuck over it. Just the passengers is the issue. We fabricated an aluminium plate n cable tied it onto the inners of the mirror n stuck another lense over it. Works well but have the rest of the car looking the part but feel that the mirrors let it down a lot.

And Mclaren F1's 8)

800px-McLaren_F1_LM.jpg

How about that! :D

Yeah picked as they were the most aerodynamic mirror available at the time... If I remember right... They couldn't use little racing mirrors due to the central driver position..

TVR ones will fit, from a chimera? i think?.................oh my mistake they are actually Corrado mirrors on them :D

They actually aren't, had a quick scout into the garage to look at my dads and they aren't the same as on my rado! His aren't as round on the tvr...