Sign in to follow this  
pedro G60

can give some opinions...

i there ,im Pedro from portugal i have a vw corrado G60 from 1990 red , i need some opinioes how to improve the corrado motor ,i allready improve the suspension , now i wold like to get a litle more power from the motor , thanks for future opinions ,

i dont wont to change my corrado i only wont to improve the motor.

thanks ..

Hi Pedro :grin:

the G60 engine responds well to 268 or 276 cam shaft and a chip, a decent air filter panel from jetex or K&N also helps, I would avoid the cone type filters, they let too much dust into the charger which increases wear on it, if you want to get more boost you will need to have the charger ported to stage 4 and stick a 68mm pulley on it, removing the catalyst also helps it breath better :D

are there many G60 tuning companys in Portugal? if not you need a trip to the UK 8)

i there ,i allready put a chip and a pulley and i remove the catalyst ,i also have an cone air filter but i think that the space in motor its not very good because after the car works a litle ,the air its too hot there,so im going to put the original air box with air filter k&n or other ,

can you give me some site or other place were i can by some ,material in germany for exemple.

thanks .. :wave:

G60 looks very nice pedro, very clean and shiney 8)

Not sure about German tuners? but i am sure there are many if you do a search on the web, if you want advice i am sure www.G-werks.co.uk here in the UK would be willing to help you out if you email them

i there ,im Pedro from portugal i have a vw corrado G60 from 1990 red , i need some opinioes how to improve the corrado motor ,i allready improve the suspension , now i wold like to get a litle more power from the motor , thanks for future opinions ,

i dont wont to change my corrado i only wont to improve the motor.

thanks ..

I don't know how much you intend to spend but I'd say as you live in a fairly hot country you would see most gain from lowering your intake temps. This in my opinion would be the best option.

http://www.bar-tek-tuning.de/lshop,show ... teile,.htm

I bought one two years ago and it seriously improved engine performance. I had to make a simple bracket to support the radiator at the bottom but other than that it went straight in.

EDIT I take it you don't have aircon (air condtioning/climate control) as it won't fit if you do! Yes cone filters aren't good on the corrado not enough air flow in that area. go back to stock with a k&n panel filter.

....Or 1 buys a brand new Garret T3 turbo,cheap 8v exh. manifold,injectors,chip etc off VEEDUBBED and bobs your uncle,no more problems with G-laders and your sorted powerwise... :D

You guys start driving at a very young age over there dont you

hpim0390.jpg[/attachment:33zsy9cc]

Nice corrado Pedro! I agree with CTWG60, a large front mount intercooler will make a nice difference in performance especially in sunny Portugal :D I have fitted one from a non air con Golf G60 and it was quite easy to fit,you will also need all the related pipe work, look on ebay.de (ebay Germany) as I got mine from there, also the schrick 268/276 G60 camshaft works well and improves mid range and top end performance....a few other German tuning company's i have used and recomend are http://www.slstuning.de http://www.rp-motorsport.de :salute: