Sign in to follow this  
yorkshireone

Passat R36 on 5th Gear... NOW

Didn't seem like Plato really rated it! Good looking car though. The feature on the show cars was good, the Civic TypeR was mental.... £90,000!!! :cuckoo:

Think what you could get for £90,000! Just contemplate that for a second. Fair play he's put a lot of effort in and created something unique but underneath it's just a Type R.

I have to admit I did spit out my cuppa when I heard 90k being mentioned for the Civic. Full credit to the guy for having done that work but it is still just a Civic - you could have a freaking Aston Martin for that!!

The Passat looks too tall and narrow for me - the same engine and gearbox combo in the Passat CC is more appealling to me

The CC 3.6 is not even badged as an R36, in fact its not badged as anything, all the performance of the R36 without the body add-ons, great stealth machine

I have been a passenger in one and I have to say they are very nice cars. They don't feel all that quick probably due to size but they certainly do pick up pace very quickly :) I have to say though it no way sounds as good as the R32 it has lost the wrasp that the R32 has but thats probably done to the exhaust.

I have to say though it no way sounds as good as the R32 it has lost the wrasp that the R32 has but thats probably done to the exhaust.

Agreed. I think they've designed it that way due to the kind of person the R36 is aimed at.