sparks

G60 max bhp all put your figures in

245.5 BHP at flywheel, 175.5 BHP at wheels, 200 ft-LBS torque (this was with a worn gearbox, slipping clutch, no lsd and running 9x16" wheels all round) [This was when engine was fitted in my white rado G60, now in my blue one].

only 175 at the wheels i have though you would have had more ive never known a 70 bhp lose at the wheels the clutch must have been slipping like crazy

nice engine spec thou

The large loss was mainly due to RR the car on 9x16" wheels (which was all I had at the time) and worn gearbox / clutch. Also, remeber that losses at wheels can range from 15-30 %, and it depends on type of RR being used etc and their accuracy.

Just got a couple of new bits fitted to my G60 (SNS chip & 68mm pulley) then a wee rolling session at Star Performance here's the results (didnae huve the water & methonal injection though)

227BHP at the flywheel

173bhp at the wheels

209 ft-lbs

Hi all

just wondering as i thought a little while ago you could get 300 bhp from the little pg whats the average bhp from the engine

so here it is please post your recorded bhp from rolling road or best guessitmate (make sure you state flywheel or wheels power)

i know most have the spec of the car on the signature but if not just a brief one then we all know what we are aiming for with what mods

cheers

stu

You should of asked for wheel figures! Flywheel figures can be pure fantasy depending on a number of factors, that's all I have to say :|.

Hi all

just wondering as i thought a little while ago you could get 300 bhp from the little pg whats the average bhp from the engine

so here it is please post your recorded bhp from rolling road or best guessitmate (make sure you state flywheel or wheels power)

i know most have the spec of the car on the signature but if not just a brief one then we all know what we are aiming for with what mods

cheers

stu

You should of asked for wheel figures! Flywheel figures can be pure fantasy depending on a number of factors, that's all I have to say :|.

Now i am going to stick my leg out here but as far as the eye can see to me it looks as though he did actually say what you requested/suggested he should have done.

Now i do think you are right saying there can be some fantasy figures at the flywheel but not everybody gets a wheel figure unfortunately. In an ideal world all RR's would accurate and not affected by variations but they are so they are a good guide at the best.

So what kind of power do you have CTWG60 as you are keeping quiet on the matter i bet you have some sort of special engine up your sleeve hopefully anyway, have you hit the magic 300 horsepower, i cant imagine that in a Corrado at all as 200 horsepower is enough for me

Hi all

cheers

stu

Now i am going to stick my leg out here but as far as the eye can see to me it looks as though he did actually say what you requested/suggested he should have done.

Now i do think you are right saying there can be some fantasy figures at the flywheel but not everybody gets a wheel figure unfortunately. In an ideal world all RR's would accurate and not affected by variations but they are so they are a good guide at the best.

So what kind of power do you have CTWG60 as you are keeping quiet on the matter i bet you have some sort of special engine up your sleeve hopefully anyway, have you hit the magic 300 horsepower, i cant imagine that in a Corrado at all as 200 horsepower is enough for me

Nice, size 200 font! :? Your new to forum etiquette aren't you?

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-beh ... rnet-forum

OK I meant he should of specified just wheel figures, not "wheel or flywheel".

You can see my numbers here.

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/rollingroa ... 05.07.html

Don't you mean neck not leg?!?!? :) And what's all this about "as far as the eye can see"?!?!? :scratch:

Nice, size 200 font! :? Your new to forum etiquette aren't you?

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-beh ... rnet-forum

I quite liked that nice size font It looks quite the Bizz i think dont you.

WHATS ALL THIS FORUM ETIQUETTE ABOUT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT :scratch:

OK I meant he should of specified just wheel figures, not "wheel or flywheel".

i DULY ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY, PLEASE DO NOT MESS UP AGAIN THOUGH OR I SHALL BE REPORTING YOU TO THE MODS, I HEAR FROM FRIENDS WHO HAVE BEEN HERE IN THE PAST THE MODS ARE VERY HARSH :lol:

Don't you mean neck not leg?!?!? :) And what's all this about "as far as the eye can see"?!?!? :scratch:

Well actually i did mean leg as i was tripping you over, also for the last part, well its kind of an old timer from back in the day saying that you young guys will not quite understand as most evidently you do not seem to follow with the little head scratch on the end, one day when your a little wiser and older you may get there eventually, and you have the audacity to call me the newbie :lol:

I gather i have the warm welcome around here now.

Crank figures are always calculated from wheel figures mate.

All rolling roads measure at the wheels.It is only the power that is available at the wheels that counts for anything.

Transmission losses are best guess.

Woooooooo, seemed as though I've missed out on the fun on this one recently. Now come on play nicely kiddies :fondle:

I do find it funny when people quote flywheel hp's. As was mentioned above calculating flywheel powers are a bit of a black art and often very different from place to place, and even have been known to be bumped up by certain rolling roads to make people feel better about their cars. Wheel hp's are definately they way forward if you want any meaningful comparisons...

Yawn

go on then lets hear your 8v turbo figures :lol:

My figures are at the moment very very accurate and i guarantee no rolling road can measure it.

0 BHP at the wheels FTW :lol:

mine went on the rollers at awesome gti, same day as Rileys, made 176 bhp and 178 lb ft torque

this was with a standard charger

68mm pulley

BBR chip phase 1

boost return deletion

bbm rsr

sprinter intercooler

mk2 golf box and flywheel

it was shortly after this is ent the charger off to Darren who told me it was a close call as one of the apex strips had come out and could have made a mess of my charger ( although it already had started doing that)

it was only makin 8psi ( ish)

now making 14

you wont get 300 out of a g-lader pg. fact.

you can JUST get 250 with a massive cam. but you'll loose low end torque, which is what a g60 is all about.

forget bhp. aim at getting torque and you'll get a fast g60. i had a dyno proven 231 hp and 235 ftlbs and could get 14.4 sec quarters.

you wont get 300 out of a g-lader pg. fact.

you can JUST get 250 with a massive cam. but you'll loose low end torque, which is what a g60 is all about.

forget bhp. aim at getting torque and you'll get a fast g60. i had a dyno proven 231 hp and 235 ftlbs and could get 14.4 sec quarters.

Agree with the above, forget bhp and concentrate on getting maximum area under the curve. 14.4 secs is pretty quick for G60. :salute: I've managed an unofficial 14.7 and can do 15.1 ish runs repeatedly. 200lb/ft at the wheels will do that for you and there's more to come with a 2ltr bottom end and a schrick 268 cam. :grin:

I think 300bhp is just possible..... but you have to talk to the dutch guys as they really know how to build them.... or how to waste G-laders depending on how you see it!

I know of one J D Engineering car making 255 at the wheels.... which must be as near as dam it 300...... but iirc he is running a 63mm pulley to 8500rpm!!!! :nono: I think a charger life of a couple of thousand miles is not uncommon!

My white corrado G60 did a 14.669 quarter at Crail with only 210 BHP and 195 ft-LBS torque......(Jabba chip, 68mm pulley, jabba induction kit, ISV reroute and leaking Audi 100 Quattro intercooler). It depends on the driver as well though.

The JD Engineering car you mention making 255 BHP ATW (IIRC was actually around 320BHP at the crank), was the 16VG60 synchro Corrado - not really comparable TBH, seeing as 16VG60.

Henny and blue_joe both made over 250BHP (not more than 260 BHP though), but they had capacity increases (1.9 and 2.0 respectively) and CNC-heads, water-injection etc. I am still on the standard PG 1.8 bottom end and already have nearly 246 BHP.......so that bodes well hopefully seeing as still have work to do on the engine. I wouldn't have said that a 268-276 Schrick cam was THAT massive either......

I know of several other rado's, MK1 / MK2 G60's that are around 270-280BHP (e.g. MelG60 on here has a 276 BHP MK2 G60 ), but yes they have big heads, cams, small pulleys and capacity increases to 2.0L, but still 8V. But have never heard of an PG 8V G60 engine making more than 290 BHP

I am still on the standaed PG 1.8 bottom end and already have nearly 246 BHP

What's your wheel bhp figure and wheel torque?

edit: ok I've just spotted your previous post with full spec and every thing. Don't you think a loss of some 70bhp is a lot to give you 175bhp at the wheels? I know your car wasn't setup right for the rolling road but still 70bhp!

I've already discussed the loss of 67 BHP in an old thread before, and don't particularly want to get drawn into a long discussion about this again. I agree that 67 BHP loss through the drivetrain is a high figure, but not considering the issues at the time. Then again for example, shaggy lost 47 BHP through the drivetrain when his was RR'd and rule of thumb is in general 15-20 % AFAIK loss. I would expect my loss still to be around 40 BHP even when the new gearbox / LSD, flywheel, clutch and standard-ish wheels are fitted.

Errrrr, no, the car i was thinking of was not one of JD's 16v G60 creations..... and i think i mite know the difference between an 8v and a 16v...... and for the record i believe JD's corrado 16vG60 made more like 340bhp!

Go and have a look on vwvortex for the WHP G60 thread.... the guys username is A1 G60 or something.... and i was a little mistaken about the power output.... it was 256whp...

I've already discussed the loss of 67 BHP in an old thread before, and don't particularly want to get drawn into a long discussion about this again. I agree that 67 BHP loss through the drivetrain is a high figure, but not considering the issues at the time. Then again for example, shaggy lost 47 BHP through the drivetrain when his was RR'd and rule of thumb is in general 15-20 % AFAIK loss. I would expect my loss still to be around 40 BHP even when the new gearbox / LSD, flywheel, clutch and standard-ish wheels are fitted.

OK buddy I hear you.

Here's blue_joe's last published graph for reference and the interest of others, since you mentioned his setup.

yes JD did make a 300hp (?) g60 8v. but it was undriveable. it had a massive cam and a silly pulley. it will never pass an mot never be fuel efficient and very on off power and the charger will need new apex seals on a monthly basis.. not my choice. i'd rather make a 16v g60 or go turbo route either 20vt or old school 16vt. loads of kits from germany and can be very driveable. the g-lader is quite limiting.

yes JD did make a 300hp (?) g60 8v. but it was undriveable. it had a massive cam and a silly pulley. it will never pass an mot never be fuel efficient and very on off power and the charger will need new apex seals on a monthly basis.. not my choice. i'd rather make a 16v g60 or go turbo route either 20vt or old school 16vt. loads of kits from germany and can be very driveable. the g-lader is quite limiting.

bhp is such a bollox measurement and really can be very missleading ie. 300bhp+ at 8500rpm in an 8v G60 WTF. Talk about number chasing.

Ok, my mistake JezzaG60, but I wasn't having a go.

Anyways, interesting plot that g60bv, good to see as it's Wayne at Chipwizards that will be mapping mine. Figures I am aiming for are 200-210BHP at wheels and 220-230ft-lbs torque, when considering I will still have the standard bottom end and no CNC-head are pretty reasonable I think. I know the G-Lader is limiting, but then I want to keep the engine, reasonably, as VW intended. It would be easy to go 16VG60 or 16VT to achieve bigger power but then it wouldn't be the same really would it ?