Sign in to follow this  
fla

Koni TAs and PI springs - ride pretty good now!

bought them with the shocks. They're like collars that slide over the shock body and rest on the retaining ring. The bottom spring plate then just sits on top.

bought them with the shocks. They're like collars that slide over the shock body and rest on the retaining ring. The bottom spring plate then just sits on top.

thanks.

any make or part number stamped on them?

Rear Koni Yellows come with height adjustment as standard. It's just 3 positions of 10mm via a circlip you pull out and reposition higher or lower. You need to relax the spring tension first though, either by dismantling it or with some spring compressors in situ - if you can fit any in there.

On the VR6 is common to raise the driver's side rear 10mm more than the pass side to account for the natural lean from fuel and engine block weight.

Bro just buy the weitecs, they ride the same imo. The ride was awesome on my rado when i first lowered it but i slammed it and the ride went down the drain but u get the point... if anything get the tx's.. u can adjust the dampers too then and they cost the same as the v1's. Just my 2 pence.

To add my 2 pence, if you are wanting ride comfort don't go for the std Weitec coilover (Hicon GT's) as they are crashy, depends on the conditions of your local roads obviously, but mine are doing my head in now so i'm looking to change for some with adjustable damping so I can soften them, I'll also be going for softer spring rates! The TXs have adjustable damping so yeah they might be a better buy if just considering he V1's for the same money (only height adjustable and I've heard they are also crashy like the Weitecs I have).

Also worth pointing out, my Weitec's are 3 years old and they are shot, the seals have let go and they are not rebuildable (not sure if the V1's are but I know the V3's definitely are!). That's just from normal every day driving, which shows that they're just not designed for our roads (german roads yes as they are smoooooooth).

Like I said, just my 2 pence.

well i took the rear shocks off and fitted the spacer to raise he height by 10-15mm. Its really transformed the car, i've reset the shocks, fully soft then two half turns. Also, one of my front shocks was not done up properly, so raised the other side and tightened to top bolt. Front is still a bit too low for my liking but the comfort is really pretty good and not too hard any longer. :D :D Thanks to Tekara, Dukest and Crazydave for your advice. Only thing now is i'm keen on a set of V1s, but they're MILES out of my proce range atm :( Why is is that when you solve a problem you want to get something better? Or maybe its me :cuckoo:

Well i've been thinking about this - and i'm getting very tempted by the V1's. So what would be a reasonable price for my shocks? I know i should just enjoy these but i guess its a typical Corrado-owning disease :)

Also worth pointing out, my Weitec's are 3 years old and they are shot, the seals have let go and they are not rebuildable (not sure if the V1's are but I know the V3's definitely are!). That's just from normal every day driving, which shows that they're just not designed for our roads (german roads yes as they are smoooooooth).

Yeah but you let your brake pads wear down to the metal and drive into kerbs, so I put that down to owner neglect :lol: Seriously though, your roads are pretty horrendous, which is defo a damper killer!

I was surprised by the amount of oil leaking out of your Weitecs tbh. It's seriously not helping your ride quality or handling! Get those pennies saved up for some new damper niceness :D

Yeah but you let your brake pads wear down to the metal and drive into kerbs, so I put that down to owner neglect :lol: Seriously though, your roads are pretty horrendous, which is defo a damper killer!

I was surprised by the amount of oil leaking out of your Weitecs tbh. It's seriously not helping your ride quality or handling! Get those pennies saved up for some new damper niceness :D

:lol: Fair point!

The roads where I lived with my dad were the damper killers, really really glad I'm out of there now! Where I am now isn't half as bad so when I get some new ones they should last this time!

Mine are fooked, the car is just never settled, very uncomfortable, crashy etc etc! I think I'll be saving for some Gazzers, was thinking of V1's but from what you've told me they're not great and plus they're only height adjustable, the Gazzers are damping adjustable too!