Sign in to follow this  
scarlett

That

... the one that had been sitting unloved and undriven for over a year and then got abandoned at my work with a couple of pages of MOT failures?

Well I just drove it back from the MOT station with a nice shiney green pass cert :) So I get to drive her home tonight for the first time :D :D :D :D :D

Its FAR from being perfect and there is a huge list of stuff that I need/want to do.... but the MOT is a huge big chunk of it!

I sold my last valver to Jim at Stonor park 2006, which makes it over 2 years since I have been able to drive another 'rado properly so heres hoping she behaves tonight! Wooooo Hooooooo!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Congrats, I know how it feels having had my Valver of the road for a year and a half, and finally getting it MOT recently. Enjoy the drive home tonight and then let the spending cotinue :lol:

Will get pics after I clean her at the weekend - still got some 'cosmetics' to finish... :D

She is a proper budget build too - total cost so far is about £340 inc buying the car, aiming to get everything else finished and her lowered too for no more than £500.... ;)

She has her first show at the weekend too...

Glad you got her moving at last. I remember you telling me red cars go quicker. We'll have to see on the a3 some time!

*waves* hello! Hows your Vr?

I'm up for that challenge... ;)

Just give me a couple of months - I have plans and lots of shiney bits in a bag under my desk that i found in the workshop...

well done on saving her/him Laura.

if you need any parts let me know, as i owe you a few favours i think :D

karl (the pain with the DTA) :lol:

still outside doing it, i feel realy bad about that. i think i will have to send him a couple of thank you prezzies down ASAP.

woohoo, great news laura.. bout time you got her moving so you can get some brake dust all over those nice white wheels :D

KADVR6 - don't worry about it, this is an early finish for us! Seriously. :) its all looking good though.

Dukest - well she has got me home and those white wheels are looking a little dusty, of course my hard acceleration and braking was purely to test the car, nothing to do with me having fun... :)

still loads to do, got a fresh list of things that rattle, vibrate or just plain dont work!

Congrats! There seem to be quite a few of us in the SUrrey/hants area. Maybe we should sort out a local meet?

Nick

Horney - have a look in here viewtopic.php?f=20&t=72601 . We have a monthly Tuesday night VW meet called Post 74 at a pub in Hartley Wintney in Hants, its always a good laugh and the pub is great - plus its a regular venue for car club meets of all marques so the owners - who are dubbers anyway - are used to having hoards of car geeks in their car park. Its the end of season BBQ and Show and Shine this weekend coming, open to all and is guaranteed to be a fab day.... ;)

We used to have a meet at a pub in Binfield every month but it fell away and never got resurrected....

Excellent! Would be good to have some more 'rados there or else we'll be drowning in golfs as usual! You won't be able to miss us - red rado with terrible bodywork, white wheels, big Phirm sticker on the windscreen and that sounds like a tractor when its running... :)

Awesome, any excuse to give the old girl a polish and to get my camera out. Is it an open invite to anyone as I have a mate with a MKIII Golf who maybe up for coming along to?

Nick

Yup - all welcome - we seem to have a good selection of all things VAG coming along...! Equally you don't need to be in a VAG car to come but do expect to be pointed and laughed at if your not... :D

I'll let her know that then. She's dead proud of it as it's factory original and only done 30,000 miles in nearly 30 years!!!!

Nick