Sign in to follow this  
Robbo149

TT wheels on VR ?

Hi all, been looking at TT competition alloys for my VR (see pic). I know they are a different offset, so what are the implications of fitting on a C ? Presumably the tyres would have to be a 205 or 215/40? Would it be feasible to have the inner faces skimmed to reduce the offset?

cheers all.

I think those particular wheels are ET31. I've been out in a VR wearing those wheels and the ride was pretty good. Imo, they stick out too far but they do suit the car from a side-on view though, and more importantly, they are of a similar weight to the speedlines.

I think skimming the wheel's hub mating face may have structural integrity implications, best check with a wheel refurbisher to double check.

Kev

Cheers for the replies.

Kev, when you say they stick out too much, do you reckon they would be an mot failure / catch on the arches? (my car's not lowered btw).

Nah they won't catch on anything, it's just a perception thing. They 'look' a little far out of the arches but that's just my own view.

The car I saw them on was dropped 35mm on H&R springs and they didn't foul anything.

Kev

A mate on mine has just put these wheels on his Storm. They look the nutts! I'll get some pic's up as soon as I have some.

He it getting some coil overs on in the next few weeks. Time to play the arch modding game! I will get some b4 & after shots 8)

Dan

my 7.5x17 RCs are a 35mm offset i use a 5mm spacer which makes 30mm and they dont stick out of the arches. i run a 205 40 17 tyre.

these are also in the short list for the choice of wheels for my c.. they must be more subtle than the 9x16" et15mm rims it used to wear.. :lol:

Thanks for the pics Zarman, they do look great on the C. Where does the rubbing occur? & have you used any spacers?

Cheers.