Sign in to follow this  
yorkshireone

VR6 Wheel nut specification?

Okay so I've got myself some steelies for the winter, and Im reliably informed by Mic_VR that my standard wheel nuts with which my speedlines were fixed will do the job.

Unfortunately I've lost them all.

Anyone know the spec of the wheelnut, or any other VWs which use the same nut? Im going down to the scrappies tomorrow to have a look If I can find some.

From using the search function I've determined that they are M14 1.5mm (whatever that means.) How long are they? :?

If you get OE ones from the scrappy they will be long enough. From what i understand all the OE bolts are the same length.

If you get OE ones from the scrappy they will be long enough. From what i understand all the OE bolts are the same length.

Any idea which aberdeen scrappy would be best or should I just try any? I was going to go to the one on near tesco's at mugiemoss

Although I would like some new ones, I think that spending £40 on wheel nuts would break my heart. I've give VW a ring tho and see what they say. If only I could use TPS.

Edit - £2.67 each from VW! Sod that.

Yeah I think the one beside Tesco's is your best bet or try Eastside as Im sure someone asked for the same not that long ago and there was a few guys with spare sets.

Yeah I think the one beside Tesco's is your best bet or try Eastside as Im sure someone asked for the same not that long ago and there was a few guys with spare sets.

Aye I'll give Eastside a try. Ta.

ones off any 5x100 VW will fit, ie mk3,4 golf, etc will fit, the 4-stud ones are too small though. And you need the ones with the domed seat under the head, not the conical ones.

Bit of a thread resurrection...

The post above mentions domed, not conical nuts... I've got standard BBS solitudes, but the nuts currently on my car are conical? Do I need to buy domed ones, or will the current ones do?

Domed Example:

domed.jpg

Conical Example:

conical.png

Any advice appreciated,

David

You must match the wheel bolt seat to the wheel...

Poo. Presumably OEM wheels are the domed variety - and that means a full set of bolts needs buying. :(

Poo. Presumably OEM wheels are the domed variety - and that means a full set of bolts needs buying. :(

maybe try for a swap with one of the guys in the compomotive group buy thread - they need conical and will currently have radius if they're on standard style wheels

maybe try for a swap with one of the guys in the compomotive group buy thread - they need conical and will currently have radius if they're on standard style wheels

Cracking idea, but already bought some today.