samthegram

Blue tinted/american spec wing mirror glass

try dubdesignindustries.com (i think) or maybe ebay.com or even maybe the 'tex. that's where i would try intially just off the top of my head.

if not, perhaps you could drop one of our US members a pm and ask them to get them for you?

this assumes that vw still sell them of course....

VW never made the blue tinted lens - I think it was DDI that had them specially made... I have a pair of these brand new and unused if anyone local is interested? (really can't be bothered to arange posting so would insist on collection only)

Phil K,

How much are you looking for on the pair of DDI lenses - Could I fit them straight over the top of the existing ones?

Ian :D

Phil,

? £30 and I'll get our Co Van Driver to pick them up one day from your home if OK - We normally pass thru' Guildford on either a Monday and/or Wednesday?

Ian :D

Spoke to Jon earlier and whilst I feel that GlosterOx was keen and the first to offer to buy Jon was the first to offer full asking price...

So, in accordance with the forum rules, sold to Jon so long as they're collected as I really don't have the time to post/meet to deliver! Will bear in mind all other interested parties if for any reason this falls through!

Aye, as with all things though as as the saying goes, "if your not fast, your last" :wink:

Why not just order some from DDI in the US, they are only £46 delivered.

I wanted to buy those off you Phil when you first put them for sale like what must be 2 years ago.. just you never actually came to any of the meets I went to so I could get them off you :(

Phil, will take them full price mate... on behalf of Toph!

Text me!

Good call Jon :clap: have you let him know yet, he'll be chuffed?

I have a brand new set I'm willing to sell. To be perfectly honest (otherwise there's no point) I had an issue separating the adhesive bit from the backing film. Apparently I was the only one! However I've had a bit of a pick at it and gave up. Other peeps said they used a hairdryer or scalpel blade etc to separate with no problem so they should be fine, I just can't be bothered. If anyone wants them, give me a shout. £35 posted.

I just bought a VW one of these recently as the heating element had packed in and the reflecter was starting to peel and they are 50 quid each from the dealers...

Is the heating element held on the back of the glass by adhesive? Was it the element or glass you replaced Goldie? Or both!

I'm sure I read ages ago the DDI mirrors can't be used with the heating element?

I did the whole thing, the element is inside the glass backing and there is a +ve and -ve connection on the back of the mirror glass that you connect on to.

Ive not seen the DDI ones but if the are just stick onto the original items then i cant see the heating element working..

I think thats the case yeah. So you need to order an element too? I would like the glass changed on both sides of mine - if its cheap will do elements too

Nah just order the glass assembly mate, its the whole thing...

I havent got my history folder up here for the part numbers im afraid...

I wanted to buy those off you Phil when you first put them for sale like what must be 2 years ago.. just you never actually came to any of the meets I went to so I could get them off you :(

eeek! Sorry buddy I clean forgot about that - dunno what to do now :?

Don't worry about it mate. I don't wanna come out of the woodwork and wreck your sale! I did want em but will manage without them :) Besides, I'm still down £15 to Mr Beige for a throttle body I said I'd buy so wouldn't have the cash immediately anyway :)

I have a brand new set I'm willing to sell. To be perfectly honest (otherwise there's no point) I had an issue separating the adhesive bit from the backing film. Apparently I was the only one! However I've had a bit of a pick at it and gave up. Other peeps said they used a hairdryer or scalpel blade etc to separate with no problem so they should be fine, I just can't be bothered. If anyone wants them, give me a shout. £35 posted.

I will have them. pm your details, cheers.