Sign in to follow this  
Flexso

Red or Smoked rear lights?

nikki, L504 VLA, have strips been done over the reverse lights?? not that noticeable but looks as if it might have...if so, do you know what the visibility is like when dark??

depends what colour your corrado is really: -

REd and half smoked (click to enlarge)...

th_intersandhopfarm0046.jpg

th_CIMG0509.jpg

th_CIMG0505.jpg

th_Julynorice.jpgth_julynorice2.jpg

I agree totally, all depends on the colour of your car.........

Had all reds on my old green rado and they looked sweet, but thinking i'll maybe go for smoked on the new grey one!

nikki, L504 VLA, have strips been done over the reverse lights?? not that noticeable but looks as if it might have...if so, do you know what the visibility is like when dark??

I think Peanut did put strips over the reverse lights on "Wedge" -visability was fine when dark

My old car (M100 VRG) had completely smoked rears with no slots or strips anywhere, and looked the danglies if I say so myself. Works best with dark colours (in this case Moonlight Blue). Reflectors & lens colours were fine and passed MOT for many years.

The trick is just not to spray too much foliatec on. So many people put on too many coats IMHO. One or two is all you really need.

I like it when it gets that crystal red look. Im going to get a crystal taillight ang paint it red, awsome!

This thread helps alot.

28-2.jpg

Heres mine , done my last year at work :) Its great been a painter

UD 1 073.JPG[/attachment:296hk4x1]

Best all red I've seen. :cheers:

But I still prefer lights like my kippers - lightly smoked, preferably all round. :lol:

My old car (M100 VRG) had completely smoked rears with no slots or strips anywhere, and looked the danglies if I say so myself. Works best with dark colours (in this case Moonlight Blue). Reflectors & lens colours were fine and passed MOT for many years.

The trick is just not to spray too much foliatec on. So many people put on too many coats IMHO. One or two is all you really need.

Any pic of this?

I did mine and decided to leave some strips on the indicators as of the below pic. I then gave the lights about 7 coats, then took the strips off and gave them another 2-3.

I had uprated bulbs to go in but tbh doing it this way you dont need them and they still look all red.

9653614340233_0_ALB.jpg

Got any finished photos?

Im going to redo the ones I have soon and was thinkinh of the same. Where did you get the pinstripe masking tape from?

Here you go better late than never :D

DSC000971.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

Leonard that's really good. I can't even see any striping.

I think all red FK Crysatals are the most modern looking tbh. However, you'll need clear crystal to start with, as I don't think FK top smoked units will look very good all red. I'm going to do my originals all red one day, just got to get the black tint off the indicator.

Leonard that's really good. I can't even see any striping.

You really can't. Did about 6 coats of red then took the masking strips off and did a further two coats. Its just enough to make them look red but not so much that they don't flash orange :)

Hi all.

Thank you for all the replies on this. The photos have really helped me make my decision. Did it all in one 7 hours. Prob could of done with letting the laquer set for a little longer.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

This thread is the business :clap:

I've been searching for black tinting spray for weeks, should finally get it at the weekend, and got some nice ideas from this thread.

Still not sure whether to do just the top part, or the whole lot, but I like the idea of strips across the reverse lights.

Cheers guys!! I'll throw pics up when its done.

will be good to see piccies miss carnage.

When i did mine, the prep work and masking was the biggest pain. I strips across the reverse lights can be hard to mask up. If your doing smoked its pretty straight forward where if you use red tint, you will have trouble getting them through a MOT.

Mine were done red by the previous owner. Problem is, they're ALL red, including indicators and reversing lights :epicfail: :epicfail: !!!!

New after market clear/red ones on order!

Depends on what u want really, red suits some colours better and looks more modern, fully smoke like mine gives a nice moody look. I personally dont like half smoked tail lights.