Sign in to follow this  
fla

May have to sell, or buy a Saab 93 Vector as well!

I might have to sell my Corrado unfortunately, as I need another car (for business). I have been told that the Corrado 'has a few years on it', ie its old! The issue for me is keeping it in storage as a second (actually third) car with costs of insurance etc.

How have people managed around this?

Btw, i'm looking at an A4 O5 plate or a 5-series Beamer. OK i'm getting near to 40 :help: so need more of an old fogey car. I've seen some at around £7k, with climate, leather, satnav etc, so there are some good bargains around.

If you shop around you may be able to get it insured on a classic car policy for sub £200 then just SORN it until the summer. Ok so thats £300 a year plus basic maintenance but not too bad as at least it wont depreciate. Depends how much you want to keep it ;)

You are right about the bargains there are some silly priced cars around! Wish i had loads of spare money to take advantage of them all :D

I know how you feel buddy... I'm about to do the same (run three cars that is). One for the missus, a family car and my rado :D

I must admit, I was a little worried about the cost. But, the way I'm looking at it (for now at least) is that running a sensible car and the rado will probably only cost the same as running an M3, TVR etc.

But we will see how it goes - lol.

Best thing to do IMO would be to see how you get on over time. Sounds like you don't really want to sell the V Dub (just like me). If it all gets too much, you can always sell it at a later date.

Ive got several cars myself and the corrado is the one I don't need but is the one I want most of all. I probably only do about 3000 miles in it a year. It was due its tax this week and £185 is a bummer when you don't use it all the time.

Yeah there are some nice cars out there which are no doubt more reliable and comfortable but they are ten a penny. When I was paying for petrol the other day, I looked out at the pumps and realised how timeless the corrado looks.

If you can justiy keeping it I would. Im 34 by the way and hope Ive still got mine when im 40.

If need be just sell it and get another when the time comes.

NOOO DONT sell it, i did that with me 205 gti and ive never every found one as clean or as good again,i nevre got another one as i could never find one as good as me old one :( get her stored away, and as regards a new car

M5's old shape are only doin 3k :)

Just looking at the saab 93 Vector and Aero models. Through the trade they are from around £3.5k for an 03/53 plate. Aero is the top model ibelieve although thre doesnt seem to be much in it between the aero and vector. Anyone had any expereine of these? If this is the price level i might just get one and keep the Rado! Looks like a nice executive car and not too expensive to run...

The wife used to have 9-3 Cab 1.8t Vector Sport ... rated at 150bhp but we had it mapped (SAAB official Hirsch map) to 195bhp. It's actually a 2ltr block, with very good mid-range torque. Went well enough. A cab' so was heavy and but handled okay. I've driven a Hirsch'd (remapped) 1.9TID Sportwagon and that handled nicely. Absolutely superb front seats. Good buy second hand as they depreciate quickly - because it's not an Audi / BMW?!? I'd have another.

1.8t = 150bhp

2.0t = 175bhp

2.0T (Aero) = 210bhp

2.8V6 Aero = 250-275bhp

that 2.0T aero looks good on paper! Will have a look again on the trader, £4k is my budget, and there ae some good ones albeit not the 210bhp models.