Sign in to follow this  
Corrado_Addict

Problem With New Wheels

Hey guys,

Recently fitted a set of 16" team dynamic alloys to my rado. They are the correct offset and fitment etc, made sure i triple checked this but they are sitting in a negative camber, the old bbs wheels ran in line without any problems so I know nothing has changed with the car. I compared both wheels to double check again but its still the same,

A couple of friends have said once the car has been driven they'll be fine because the suspension needs to settle back down after its been jacked up?

Car is currently off the road atm, wheel bearing and hub needing done and I need to get it mot'd so there's no chance to legally or safely drive it either.

Any help is greatly apprieciated :)

Yea I checked both of the wheels to make sure before putting it back on.

Few guys have told me that it needs to be driven for the suspension to settle and then they'll be fine

Can't actually drive it at the mo due to no tax or mot but that will change in a couple of weeks, was just a bit worried but will see what happens.

I'm guessing the top of the wheel is poking out of the arch after dropping it down off the jack? That would be positive camber and as already said, you need to drive the car to settle the suspension to it's correct position.

I feel like a complete twat lol I was looking at pictures of the car and the wheels did have a negative camber on them, the fronts had positive (reasons for which I do not know but was like this when I bought it) but they've now been set with a slight negative. Can't wait to drive it properly....trackdays ahoy :D