Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

Just had a thought..

whilst drivng around today( in a tesco home delivery van unfortunately) I noticed all the people who go round with their front fogs on, and thought that maybe the corrado might look better if the fogs were on the outside of the indicators. Dunno if anyone else thought this? I do get very bored in work :sleeping: :sleeping:

:gag: 'Fogs-on' looks chavvy unless it's foggy.

It pisses me off that the switch only lights up if you go all the way to front and rear fogs but not for fronts only. I caught a reflection yesterday and mine were fecking on :bad-words:

Indicators and fogs 'as they are' for me thanks.

agreed, they'd look better on the outside if they were on all the time..

colin, dont know if its an early/late thing but on mine (assuming h/lights are on) then there is illumination for the fronts and then for fronts and rears together, but not for rears alone (ie. you cant have rears on on their own).

the thing that annoys me the most is when people have 1st light/dipped? and their fogs on during the day...

My rear and fronts fogs work independatly I'm sure

It is an early/late thing as Polo's are the same, the switch only illuminates when the rear fogs are on (second stage of a two stage switch), so there's visual way of telling if the front fogs are on!

I was glad when I got a late-spec C and was able to tell :)

I quite like the fogs being sat further in than normal on the Corrado, makes it a little bit different from your usual everyday cars.

My front fog light switch lights up green

I quite like the fogs being sat further in than normal on the Corrado, makes it a little bit different from your usual everyday cars.

My front fog light switch lights up green

Yeah i think this too.

I've also noticed lately that ALOT more people drive round with fogs on, it especially annoys me when they have side lights on!!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

If someone comes up behind me with fog lights on i turn my rear fog lights on!

There's not enough police on the roads these days to sort this kind of thing out.

Sorry moan over. But this is one of my pet hates on the road

I like the vertical fogs on the mkVI golf. They look really cool. I can honestly say though, that the only time I turn my fogs on is to check I don't need to add them to the list of things that need fixing.

I can honestly say though, that the only time I turn my fogs on is to check I don't need to add them to the list of things that need fixing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ive got to admit I use my front fogs at night when coming home from Mrs Rats if its raining.

My excuse is that I have to do about 8 miles on the M65 which is unlit and in the rain its very hard to see the big patches of standing water that lie in wait (yes its a very poorly constructed motorway).

The fog lights just add that bit more illumination and I find it helps.

If I got fined I would still use them until they make the motorway safe.

Ive got to admit I use my front fogs at night when coming home from Mrs Rats if its raining.

My excuse is that I have to do about 8 miles on the M65 which is unlit and in the rain its very hard to see the big patches of standing water that lie in wait (yes its a very poorly constructed motorway).

The fog lights just add that bit more illumination and I find it helps.

Using them in bad weather is not the same as posing around town dazzling everyone else i my opinion!! :nono:

Corrado fogs are prone to cracking due to overheating if it's not cold/wet enough, ie raining or foggy, and with the price of new ones that should be reason enough to only use them when you need them!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree, its not the same thing. Drivers at the moment seem to use them only to look 'cool' (!!) - mostly high end executive cars.

And brand new Corsa 1.2's with Irmscher tailpipes.

I also get a lot of glare from 4x4s with the led's or blue xenon lights. that does my nut to..but thats mostly due to my ride height

ive started having mine on all the time, so i don't feel annoyed by the people with them on

if they think it looks cool, then the corrado makes it look uber cool :lol:

As a quick mod, I suppose the fogs taking up their whole light cluster would be better, but then nowhere to put the indicators - maybe in the main headlight clusters instead. Had the fogs on all the time when it got dark, then the boys in blue told me to stop it. Got a revised headlight loom kit to fit instead now tho.

You'll love the uprated loom, first mod i'd do if I bought another.

Fogs just dazzle, too many light sources at the front of the car.

In fact very like the lazy twats that sit with their foot brakes on, just what you need in the dark/wet behind a bloody Volvo 4x4 - Loads of bright red lights. Fecking hand brake is there for a reason CNUTS!

I am guilty of driving with my fogs on when I have main beam on.

I know it drives many people mad.

Much of my driving is through unlight or poorly light areas

And, i really can't see enough and so decided this is a safer option.

I am often flashed ( I wish :lol: :lol: :lol: )

But then I also see others driving around with their fogs on and personally I find them ok, whereas the blue (xenon ?) lights they are terribly blinding for oncoming traffic.

Anyway the car is at Stealth having this rectified right now. :D

Along with Braided hoses :D - yeah better braking!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, more speed !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

I have thought of wiring mine up to the main beam, but fitting xeons in them to keep the temperatures down. If they are on main beam only who's to know? Unless of course you don't dip your beams for oncoming traffic :shrug:

I have had numerous problems with the upgraded wiring loom, it keeps burning fuses out.

And just collected from Stealth to find the full beam which had stopped working was another fuse burnt out.

Sadly the Xenons have not arrived, so not yet fitted, but very soon.

I do not drive around with Full beam on, just fogs and main beam - just for a few more days - thank goodness.

Full beam and main beam are the same thing!!! :lol: :lol: The other settings are dipped (full/main) beam and side lights

Dipped Main beam is angled down (dipped down) so you don't dazzle other traffic.

Side lights are thus named because they are purely for parking at the side of the road in the dark, not for driving.

If it's that dark you should have your Dips on, unless there's no other traffic then it's Main beam city................

Rant over :salute:

Full beam and main beam are the same thing!!! :lol: :lol: The other settings are dipped (full/main) beam and side lights

Dipped Main beam is angled down (dipped down) so you don't dazzle other traffic.

Side lights are thus named because they are purely for parking at the side of the road in the dark, not for driving.

If it's that dark you should have your Dips on, unless there's no other traffic then it's Main beam city................

Rant over :salute:

Ok - smart Arse !! :lol:

Dipped beam and fogs then !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, now i have Xenons - and they are fantastic and so have turned off the fogs !!!

Very Happy !

'Fog' lights... surely the name gives them away...

I hold on my full beam whenever i'm approached by someone with their fog lights on (and its not foggy) it's just another one of my pet hates! :brickwall:

and.. why is it always Vauxhalls? Do they have dim dipped beams, or are the drivers just dim...

Apologies if you drive a Vauxhall and are aware that your fog lights have an off switch.

'Fog' lights... surely the name gives them away...

I hold on my full beam whenever i'm approached by someone with their fog lights on (and its not foggy) it's just another one of my pet hates! :brickwall:

and.. why is it always Vauxhalls? Do they have dim dipped beams, or are the drivers just dim...

Apologies if you drive a Vauxhall and are aware that your fog lights have an off switch.

make that 2 of us.

:lol: ill shut up about it being my pet hate now.

I use my fogs to flash people as coz they're separate from the headlights, it's a more defined/immediate light source for on-comers. Just a click on and off - plus it looks bloody cool!