Sign in to follow this  
parmvr6

17 inch rims and lowering - will it mess up the handling?

I've also noticed that although my car has standard discs and pads in very good condition it takes some going to stop the damn thing when your in full chatter, is this normal ?? if it is what sort of calipers and discs do you guys recommend?

:lol:

Yeah the standard brakes are crap mate. Alarmingly, most people on here think they're fine! That must suggest most Corrado owners drive like Miss Daisy :lol:

If you're upgrading to 16s, it's a good time to slot on some proper brakes. 4 pots and meaty discs. It's the only way to get the damn things to stop quickly :D

I've also noticed that although my car has standard discs and pads in very good condition it takes some going to stop the damn thing when your in full chatter, is this normal ?? if it is what sort of calipers and discs do you guys recommend?

:lol:

Yeah the standard brakes are crap mate. Alarmingly, most people on here think they're fine! That must suggest most Corrado owners drive like Miss Daisy :lol:

If you're upgrading to 16s, it's a good time to slot on some proper brakes. 4 pots and meaty discs. It's the only way to get the damn things to stop quickly :D

LOL cheek of it! If you have the money to upgrade then yes fair enough.

Otherwise a hard compound pad such as EBC Red Stuff, Ferodo DS2500 running on std discs should see a big improvement. You can add braided hoses for a little more pedal feel.

The above have got me around a few track days no probs anyway. Plus they are cheap to replace!

Matt

I'm going to honest and say I don't have aclue what suspension to go for yet :scratch: i'm going to use the car for about 25 motorway miles and 20 round town a day so i need a balanced ride. Never really got too involved with after market suspension so i will basically buy and fit what you tell me too!!! plus i think i'm going to stick to 16" rims of some sort.

Having a had a few cars now and having messed about with all of them (bar my trusty 205 diesel ;-) ) I