Sign in to follow this  
SIG60

What would you choose?

Interested in what you guys think... What would you choose...

A) BMW 320D 2.0 DIESEL M SPORT TOURING ESTATE 2004

B) AUDI A4 2.0 TDI S LINE ESTATE 2005

Agree with Andy ^

The thing with BMW's is they have such a bad driver reputation - you'd just feel like a bell-piece driving round in one!

Keep it VAG.

Agree with Andy ^

The thing with BMW's is they have such a bad driver reputation - you'd just feel like a bell-piece driving round in one!

Keep it VAG.

:lol: that just about sums it up tbh.

Another vote for the Audi here. :)

What Andy said ^

A bit off centre but I'd consider a SAAB 9-3 1.9TiD Sportwagon, and get it Hirsch'd (chipped) ...

What Andy said ^

A bit off centre but I'd consider a SAAB 9-3 1.9TiD Sportwagon, and get it Hirsch'd (chipped) ...

....as long as it isnt a brand new one with the silver linning around the headlights.....elton john special, saabs used to be cool didnt they :pukeright:

Was looking at very similar cars to these a year or two ago, it really depends on your particular requirements.

The BMW has appauling rear load space as the boot floor is too high because of the RWD, but it's definitely a better drivers car.

The Audi S line cars had a bad reputation for hard suspension and they never had a great rep for driving pleasure anyway.

The BMW engine is a development of the older lower powered unit and although chain cammed is possibly a little too stressed for long term reliablity, whereas the VW unit, although not the most refined, is a newer engine in pretty much it's least stressed version.

The rear passenger space in the BMW seemed good to me, the A4 is shockingly bad, not much better than my MK4 golf.

I've seen a fair few BMW tourings with rusty tailgates, body corrosion should never be an issue on A4's.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you my friend, looking at cars along these very lines and I must admit I was quite taken by the BMW after test driving it. Also had a go in the Audi but as said before the ride is very hard.

Whilst at football yesterday morning I got a phone call from a mate telling me he can get me a 535d M Sport with 70k on the clock for £12,000!!!!! Surely some mistake......but i'll find out tonight.

Thanks guys - seems a real split on opinions. I love the look of the Audi but have driven BM's before and they are hard cars to beat. mmmmmmm 535D M Sport..........

Ha ha the Elton John comment is so true!!

i have a 1 series m sport diesel and its a great car fast handles well and cant fault it

drove the audi a3 equivelent and although nice it was not a touch on the bmw

i am looking at the 330d msport coupe as my next daily drive !

Another vote here for the BMW matey. Like millerman above, I've (my wife really) has a 1 series M sport diesel and it's a fantastic car to drive. Excellent build quality and looks awesome (IMHO). Tempted myself to sell the passat and get a 330d touring.