Sign in to follow this  
C. Will Corrado G60 2

Dam electrics - Battery drained again

God dam it, bloody battery is dead again.

I'm not great with electrics so it's total guess work. I know the battery is fine as it's very new and the problem was there before I changed it.The central locking haas been playing up so I'm starting with the that, as I've been hearing the pump flickering on and off when I lock the car. I'll check for leaks and then replace the pump to eliminate that.

Next up is check for bad grounds. Does any know how to check for bad grounds?

After that what should I check for? Does anyone know anything about electrics?

Cheers

Do you have a tracker or alarm fitted?

I had a tracker causing a huge drain even though it was allegedly disconnected, it would give me a flat after 3 days. So i ripped the bugger out.

As for the CL, lock your car and stand by it for a few minutes if you keep hearing a clicking then its boogered...again mine isn't great but after a few clicks it is quiet again, so its on its way out and will need replacing eventually.

Have you tried a solar trickle charger that plugs in the cig socket to keep the battery topped up?

They only really work in the summer. You need quite bright light falling on it before it actually provides ANY current at all. Better than nothing, but still..

Do you have a tracker or alarm fitted?

I had a tracker causing a huge drain even though it was allegedly disconnected, it would give me a flat after 3 days. So i ripped the bugger out.

As for the CL, lock your car and stand by it for a few minutes if you keep hearing a clicking then its boogered...again mine isn't great but after a few clicks it is quiet again, so its on its way out and will need replacing eventually.

I have a laserline alarm and never had any problems with it, but you never know so many I'll try disconnecting it.

How quick is it going flat?

Check the boot light isn't staying on.

Takes about 3 weeks and it's doing my head in.

3 weeks!! Nothing to be concerned about there.

If you'd said 3 days, then you have a problem.

Use the car more often is the answer, or trickle charge it when not in use :D

Basic checks include checking that 13.8 to 14.4V is hitting the battery with the engine running and that 12.5 to 12.7v is held when the engine is switched off.

Dam,

So it's just a case of running the car more. The problem I have is, it's now not my daily drive and only gets used at the weekend (if I get a chance).

cheesewire I'll check the volyage, I know know the it's had a leak voltage of the battery in the past.

Just cehck the central locking and it seem like I have a leak. The door s are all locking but the pump does seem to pulse after the doors a lock. 2 hours of searching and I haven't found it yet.