Sign in to follow this  
RDH

Halfrauds 150pc Socket set

Not sure if already mentioned.Bought one yesterday, currently half price. £99.99.

Rich

Hmmm - should have been £90 as they have 10% off everything at the moment altho you might have to reserve on line...

Also don't understand why people call them 'Halfrauds' - the tools are supperb and everyrthing else they sell is fairly competitive price-wise now especially service parts with a trade card - cheaper than anywhere!

yeah the tool are good, except my 3/8 ratchet gave up on me the other day, the ratchet mech seized solid. took it back under their 'guarantee' and found out...'oh no, we dont guarantee against moving parts'...to which my response was 'so what part of it IS under guarantee?'

answer? its if some of the plastic breaks off!!! WTF? so i can replace it when the tool still works but looks a bit used, but the moment it actually breaks anddoesnt work anymore its not covered under the guarantee?!?

went home and ordered a 150 piece draper kit instead :)

I reakon there professional stuff is excellent value for money, granted I dont use it everyday but its lasted me years !!!

off topic a bit but bump for Halfords.

yeah the tool are good, except my 3/8 ratchet gave up on me the other day, the ratchet mech seized solid. took it back under their 'guarantee' and found out...'oh no, we dont guarantee against moving parts'...to which my response was 'so what part of it IS under guarantee?'

Yeah it does say that on the kit - they keep repair kits on the shelf for a couple of quid!

yeah i know, just makes you question the point of the guarantee, when it doesnt really guatantee anything, its just there if you get your tools a bit dirty and cant be arsed to clean them, so you get a free replacement!

Hmmm - should have been £90 as they have 10% off everything at the moment altho you might have to reserve on line...

Also don't understand why people call them 'Halfrauds' - the tools are supperb and everyrthing else they sell is fairly competitive price-wise now especially service parts with a trade card - cheaper than anywhere!

Hmmm, will check how much it was, missus bought it for me as a Christmas present from my little un, presumed it was £99 but will check.

time will tell how good it is, but I have read some good comments about the kit on various forums. And it looks quite nice. :D

Rich

there's plenty of talk about them on this forum let alone others!

They replaced mt 2ft breaker bar even though I used an extension over the top once :grin:

Just bought one of these as my teng stuff is looking tired and i've lost bit of it, very impressed with the range, only gripe is the size the spanners and sockets go up to but you cant have eveything!

Worth noting as well the ratchet spanners are also less than half price atm.. normally 90 but i got mine for £37 :-)

Bettter off spending your money with the likes of Facom/Signet in my opinion. (Snap-On - overpriced.)

At least the guarantee is unquestionable.

Dont bother with the repair kits, utter crap.

LOL - thats a rather sweeping statement!! - they don't cost alot and include all the parts to replace the whole ratchet mech and all you need is a pair of circlip pliers to fit - whats wrong with them!?

Facom / Signet - good tools but will cost twice as much to get a set any near the size of the Halfords kit plus the lifetime swap out on the halfords kit makes it a far better buy!

I've had my 150pce set for over 5 years now and the only thing i've broken is the case (latch broke) and they posted me out one of the newer type ones with a better latch mechanism and pne of the woble bars started to wear a bit and they did a straight swap on that, no questions.

Bettter off spending your money with the likes of Facom/Signet in my opinion. (Snap-On - overpriced.)

At least the guarantee is unquestionable.

I'm only talking about the ratchet, just because I've had two go wrong on me in the past and I've never had any problems with the Facom or ones I have. The rest of the stuff is very good, but then a spanner/socket can't really go wrong!

£99 deal for the 150 pc set on again this weekend - good for doing heater matrixes with before winter!

£99 deal for the 150 pc set on again this weekend - good for doing heater matrixes with before winter!

Damn there is some thread resurection action!!

Ive had one of these kits for about 4 years now, its been great. First problem last weekend, one of the screw driver attachments shattered. Took it back, no agro given a new one, no receipt needed..

I know Hlafords gets some stick but personally i think they dont deserve it.

You just can't argue with a lifetime warranty. Sure the tools aren't going to be snap-on quality but for the home enthusiast, they're perfect! :)

You just can't argue with a lifetime warranty...

shame it doesn't cover me losing things :)

broke a socket extension piece by totally abusing it but they swapped it no quibble, pretty good value really.

my halfords kit is gd use the rachets everyday grease em every 6 months never had a problem my draper rachet died after 8 month.

I got one of these for my birthday and its a fantastic bit of kit. Worth buying some converters for the ratchets but apart from that its well worth the money.