Sign in to follow this  
AlgarveVR6

Intermittent Wiper Timing

Has anyone else come across the way to do this, or should I have read my manual more carefully.

has to be another selling point, or am I being silly. :lol:

It took me a little while to work it out, but now I know how to do it I prefer it to new systems!

What you need to do is turn on the intermittent wipers then as it is doing its first wipe turn it back off.

Wait for the amount of time you want between intermittent wipes and then turn it back on to intermittent...ta da...you have set your time delay.

You can also reset the delay by waiting for a wipe to finish then turn the wipes off and back on again with a new delay.

There is a max delay but I don't know what it is? Anyone know?

i just push lever down to wipe, and let it back up, then when it needs wiping again, push it back down and leave it down

thats a very good description

I got pissed off in the rain and traffic the other day and found it by accident

Hey I thought I was really good when I found it without reading the instructions (See note elsewhere on flat packs)

The variable intermittent wipe is great.. I've lost count of how many Corrado owners come on here having discovered it for the first time despite having owned the car for a few years!

The Corrado is the car that just keeps on giving! ;)

ok ok, I'm thick. But I was genuinely pleased with myself. Now your all trying to take that away from me.

I'm going to get upset in a mo. :(

Dic

On the other hand I could go outside and sit in the SUN(Yellow object occasionally seen in Uk in the sky) with a cold beer. :wave: :wave:

On the other hand I could go outside and sit in the SUN(Yellow object occasionally seen in Uk in the sky) with a cold beer.

I was just indoors at a nice cosy pub, drinking a pint of Staropramen, and tucking into some lovely gammon egg and chips.. I'm not feeling too left out ;) A bit of sunshine would have been nice this year though! :(

It's a conspiracy. You're all lying. I've had 2 Corrados now and I never knew that.

If only the f***ing thing would idle properly I'd be onto a winner

only works if the wiper relay is a number 99 one (think the non intermittant one is number 19?), although i assume all the corrados got them as they were the flagship VW of the time, normally it was only the top spec golfs and passats that got the 99 relays :)

I take it you know about the 'secret' mfa readings too?

Serious? How would one go about finding these?

I'm off to try out this intermittent wiper thingy....

Think the intermittent wiper only works on late interiors, it didn't work in my 1.8 valver.

"Secret readings":

With the engine running, hold down the mfa button and switch off. still holding down the button switch back on again. Voila!

There are different readings, basically engine diagnostics...

\MFA switch on position 1:

1. Engine code

2. Land code

3. Speedometer

4. Upper rev limiter

5. Lower rev limiter

6. Deceleration fuel pressure

7. Display test

MFA switch on position 2:

1. Test program of programmed bytes

2. G60 pressure meter

3. Digital rev counter

4. Fuel usage (like normal)

5. Signal from speedo sensor

6. Oil temperature (like default)

7. Ambient temperature (like default)

This is for G60, 1.8 and 2.0 I think, on my VR I only get a few readings.

It took me years to notice the wipers had a variable delay, in fact at first I thought it was just another Corrado intermittent electrical fault!

And until today I didn't realize the delay is infinitely controllable, so thanks for the description vr6 phil.