Sign in to follow this  
cvw74

DOOR PODS AND DISCREET SUB ENCLOSURE?

I have just purchased my first rado :clap: and need to address the sounds, even though the VR is enough in its self.

I have just been made redundant so money is tight......I want to run components up front and a 10 or 12 in the cubby hole in the boot. I have an alpine headunit and 2 amps, one a four channel so will prob run the whole system on just the one.

I also have a JL Audio sub but its 12 but may be bit big for the space? My DLS comps went to the new owner of my Golf :wave:

From looking at the orig pods, not sure what the quality will be like and will I fit a 17cm speaker in?

I would love to buy Audioscape but like I say money is tight(i have emailed them to see if they wanna do a group buy)

I would like to know whats the best thing to do

Any help is much appretiated.

Carl

The original pods just don't hold a big enough speaker, and the build doesn't lend itself to good sound quality. Your best bet is definitely Audioscape pods. 16cm speakers then, amped up, and you're on the way to a nice sounding setup.

HTH

Welcome to the forum BTW!

Audioscape also do a sub enclosure that sits in the boot and looks very nice when installed but they are pricey new. If your lucky you might be able to get one second hand from here, thats what I did.

Audioscape also do a sub enclosure that sits in the boot and looks very nice when installed but they are pricey new. If your lucky you might be able to get one second hand from here, thats what I did.

I'm not sure they do that any more, I couldn't find a price last time I looked and when I bought my door pods I emailed them and got no reply. If your fabricating skills are up to tho...

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67421&p=782683&hilit=sub#p782683