Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

DOVW, Melbourne, Australia

(Day of the Volkswagen) Thought you might like to see some pics.

Bugger all watercooled cars, just standard Mk3/4 and 5 mainly, few Mk1s and 2s, no other Corrados of course !!

Corrado92.pdfImported Photos 00061.JPG[/attachment:2m1n4to8]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfImported Photos 00064.JPG[/attachment:2m1n4to8]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfImported Photos 00066.JPG[/attachment:2m1n4to8]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfImported Photos 00071.JPG[/attachment:2m1n4to8]

I'll post some more if you guys are interested !!

Yeah thats true, everyone notices what the salt has done to mine straight away when i lift the bonnet up. We don't have the rust issues that the UK has but the sun can be a real car killer though, cracked dashboards and over cooked paint etc..

Couple more for ya ..

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfImported Photos 00072.JPG[/attachment:25p5jjld]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfImported Photos 00070.JPG[/attachment:25p5jjld]

This surf shack made us laugh :)

Imported Photos 00067.JPG[/attachment:25p5jjld]

Only 6 as far as i know, 3 are owned by one guy in Brisbane, then mine, a friend in Sydney and a Storm in Adelaide.

Constantly get asked what my car is, and most people are suprised how old it is !

Getting parts takes a bit longer, but seriously mine has been so reliable, just have to try and stay on top of it and replace things before they break !

sure most garages though must be acquainted with the older vw engines - or you found thats generally not the case? my gf always chats about moving to australia - if that ever happens the vr will have to come ;)

Cheers Dan, i actually miss driving down those little country roads sometimes !! Well happy with the RS 301's !!

It is perfect! Good work! :D

carpoid, where abouts are you in melbourne, i arrived here about 5 days ago, currently slumming it in a hostel in the city centre. had to sell my G60 to fund the trip, thinking of staying in melbourne little while, few months? depends if i can find work tho etc! when was this vw day? theres plenty of v8's running about here not to mention the imprezas and skylines!